Looking for metric pram plans or kit...

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Thomas Williams, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I have been recently stationed back in Germany and my father in law and I would like to build a pram. I wouldnt be against a just plans as we have a large workshop complete with everything needed but a kit may be a bit simpler. I would need the plans in metric so that my father in law can understand them better and be easier for our 3D printer. I could convert everything but what a pain. Please let me know if you know of anything available. Thanks.

2. Frank R

Frank R Member

I would find plans you like and then contact the site and see if they would convert them for you. Even if they charged you extra it would be well worth it.

Bateau offers plans in different units: http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=PK78

3. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

His plans were the best for the buck that I could find and he already had them in metric. I also found out today my father in law gets wholesale prices on lumber so we are going to go with just plans and build them. He has a router guided by computer so the cuts will be perfect just need to put them together. This will be my first pram build.

4. Frank R

Frank R Member

I would look at other plans too. Pick a plan that suits how you want to use the craft. Most of the plans like at Bateau and others are designed for sailing or rowing. Few are designed for fishing.

5. John Weston

John Weston Member

go to Brad's pram. free . I just redid the measurement to my perfered likeing's. it is 8' but you can make it longer. nice boat.
    Outlaw