Looking for Nylon Tent repair services Seattle area

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by John Dude, Jul 4, 2010.

1. John Dude Learned skills from George Dickel

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Yesterday I discovered a hole in my favorite tent, which of course is no longer made. Its a North Face Harrier backpack tent.
    It looks almost like a rodent chewed it, for its a ragged hole about 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches right along the peak seam. The seam is involved, and the hole has ragged edges. I don't think a simple nylon and contact cement patch kit will work at this spot.

Does anyone know a place in the Seattle or general Puget Sound area that does top-quality nylon tent repairs?

This tent is the best design I've ever seen, and of course isn't made. All the newer design are inferior to this one and I hope to keep using this tent for a long time

John Dude

PS - The Dickel was good yesterday, but the fishing was skunk. Cispus River right by the North Fork confluence
  2. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +67 / 0
  3. Shapp Active Member

Back to the state of my birth (OR)
    Ratings: +37 / 0
    I just repaired my tent yesterday with pretty nasty jagged tear. Get some Tenacious Tape (sticky back tape for all purpose tough nylon repair). Cut to size and stick a patch on both sides of the area. Then get some Seam Grip, and apply it around the edge of the Tenacious Tape on both sides of the tent. You can get tenacious tape in sevarl colors, but I used clear. They have the clear tenacious tape and seam grip at Second Ascent in Ballard. Seam grip and TT is only $10 total
  4. jumbo215 Jasper hickman

lake forest park, wa
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Rainy pass is a fantastic place, can fix or make anything fit
  5. Holly Glen Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    REI downtown
  6. John Dude Learned skills from George Dickel

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Well I took it to Rainy Pass Tent Repair on Stone Way. They fixed it for 30 bucks. Their work is topnotch. They also fixed a small hole in the mesh door too.

I think I found a new regular place to go to. Now I need to fix my Thermarest Chair adapter. strap webbing is pulling away from the fabric mount flaps