WTB Looking For Quality Tarpon Flies !

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Bondar, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bondar

Bondar Member

I'm heading out on my first tarpon fly trip in may , I'm in need of an assortment of proven flies with quality hooks is a must ! Also I'll need the flies shipped to Canada . If you think you might be able to help me out please PM or email Me @ jbond0303@hotmail.com I'm looking for 12-20 flies
    Thanks
    Jeff

2. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Media:
    Where are you fishing, that will change what you need in May.

3. cb3fish

cb3fish Banned or Parked

Sir,

If your going with a guide, He will have everything you need. Or your guide will tell you what you need. Most good guides are real picky what you use, and they tie there own....My 2 cents, I have been there done that a few dozen times. Good luck

Carl

4. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    Great comments and observations, Carl. It seems colors and even sizes vary greatly from location to location and even year to year. What was the hot pattern just 2 years ago may not be for this year . . .

5. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Member

So..... Where are you going? I may be able to help you out, but it's hard to suggest flies without a destination.

If I were going to the Keys, I tie a variety of toads and worm flies on small 1/0 hooks... If I was heading to Boca Grande, FL I would start with EP Peanut Butter flies in 2/0 and 3/0... Everglades in for laid up tarpon... I would use larger flies, some with a weed guard...

6. cb3fish

cb3fish Banned or Parked

Snookdaddy,

I was going to answer the guy, just about the way you did, however I know two tarpon guides that fish the same spot and use the opposite flies and lines.

I have show up before on a Tarpon trip and had a certain fly tied on. The captain would say, "cut that off," and tie this on. so from now on I use what the Captain tells me to use or what to bring. Most of the Captains are real picky.
    What Denny said is great advice. my 2 cents worth

Carl Blackledge

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.