looking for raft trailer

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by flyrod2, Jul 15, 2007.

1. flyrod2 Member

hoquiam, wa
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Any ideas on a raft trailer. I have an 11 ft inflatable that is wearing out pumping & deflating. Breaking the frame down and putting it back together. The Broyhill Trailwater looks good, but spendy. I'm not handy enough or have the time to do the build it yourself thing.

The flatbed designs I've seen have fenders up & above the platform.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
  2. Bill Douglas blue collar dirtbag

Olympia, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have a flat bed trailer with an 8' long by 7' wide deck. The wheels are recessed underneath the deck. I have been pondering getting rid of it.
  3. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    FR2
    Here is trailer I got for my new raft. My raft is a Aire 143D.
    http://www.americanwhitewaterproducts.com/
    These are spendy, but in my opinion well worth the $$$. It has the roller bar on the back for easy lauching and loading. Very well constructed, made in Oregon. The thing I like most about it is it sits nice and high, great for the crappy river launch ramps the state provides (think Bogie hatchery launch mudbowl this past December). Also the balance of the trailer is awesome. You can pick it up with one hand and eaily move the boat around. Lastly, as you already know, having the boat set up and ready to fish sure make the whole fishing day go much easier.
    I got mine from Dana at Swiftwater in Seattle.
    I used a self made trailer on my last raft. After using this trailer, I'd never go that route again.
    Good Luck,
    Brian
  4. shawn k Member

buckets worldwide
    Ratings: +19 / 0