looking for someone to float with

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by francis james hunnycut, Jun 22, 2012.

1. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    FjH , do ya got wheels for a shuttle? I'll pm ya w/ contact # , weekdays are solid, get ya on the water bro !! Lates-Jeffrey

2. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

Pan doesn't your sig. say "herb guide"?

3. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    No,bacon.

4. francis james hunnycut

francis james hunnycut Redneck Hippie

bhudda- I have a jeep, with a little tenacity two pontoons can be strapped to the top. I wouldnt take the freeway like that, but it would work for our purposes. That's my other conundrum about floating....ya need two vehicles.

5. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

I am bacon friendly, maybe we should go fishing.

6. Jeff Sawyer

Jeff Sawyer Active Member

Media:
    I swung for three years before I got my first one...It was on my 7th guided trip, with some very good guides (none of them wore skinny jeans). They all said, "you're fishing", "you're doing what you need to be doing", "it's gonna happen". And eventually it did, but I wouldn't tell someone who's strickly swinging they're doing something "really wrong", just because of fish count.

Maybe he is doing something really wrong, I don't know, but maybe it's something just a little wrong (I think my leader was too long). Or maybe he's doing everything right and his luck just sucks. A guide friend of mine told me about a guy that didn't catch his first for 10 years...I decided I was going to enjoy the swinging, fish the best I could, and either catch one or break his 10 year record.

I guess my point is keep at it, learn as much as you can, and most importantly enjoy the time you're out there not catching.

And it takes more than a little herb to trip me out; I'd be happy to fish with you.

7. francis james hunnycut

thank you for those words of encouragement, Jeff. I agree, you cant judge a fisherman by a fish count. why, just last night I went to one of my fav little trout holes and got skunked. I've pulled countless fish outta that pond. was I doing something wrong? Maybe something on some ethereal plane that I am not privy to, but other than that? I doubt it. I am very ready to catch one on the swing though

8. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    You cant judge a fisherman by how many fish he catches? Uhhhhh, ok. Maybe we should be talking about crack instead of herb.

papafsh likes this.
  9. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

10. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    No, crack.

11. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

Panhandle has obviously spent very little time fishing the decaying rivers of Puget Sound. I've fished North PS rivers with guides about 4-5 times in the last 10+ years and never caught a steelhead on any of those trips. Francis, hang in there, buddy, it will happen one day but you're fishing for crumbs here in the Seattle metro area. You may want to consider heading east of the mountains during the fall to increase the likelihood that your fly will actually be somewhere in the vicinity of a steelhead while you are fishing.

12. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    Hey pig! Once a pig , always a pig right ? :) Francis, skillet is harmless, I doubt he catches 100 + fish a year, so no legend round these parts hombre

13. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

Skillet - good one

14. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

If you don't judge a fisherman by his fish catching ability, Just what do you use for a yardstick???

15. francis james hunnycut

I think a good fisherman is one that fishes with a pure heart and an open mind.

16. francis james hunnycut

I just want to fish. I want to meet up with other people that enjoy fly fishing as much as I do. I floated the sky tonight with a really cool guy and had a blast, and I'm floating the stilly monday with another cat that seems like a good fella. So if some self appointed fishing goddess gets his thrills by razzin someone that admittedly still has a lot to learn, he is on a different path than me and I'm not really interested. I'm certainly not gonna let some troll take the jam outta my doughnut. I would love to fish with ya, bhudda, you seem like a straight shooter. After getting my first float in tonight I'm all jazzed up! Didn't hook into anything but it sure felt good to be out there swinging!

17. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    francis, thats the hippiest answer imaginable. Lol!

18. Robert Engleheart

Robert Engleheart Robert

Francis, consider joining a local fly fishing club. I'm not local, but I'm sure there's several around that have members who will help you. I've never been a "club" type of guy, but since joining mine, I've met some really interesting folk with common interests; one is 92 years old, ties beautifully, casts like a machine and is still sharp as a razor. Others fish as much as 300 days/year and are willing to go anywhere, anytime. A lot of knowledge there, and some really great folk. You can get involved as much or as little as you wish.

19. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    Oh...........your a Guido!! Or I mean guide now............really sucks your attitude is attached to any business
    Syndicate my ass you need some gangster out there or wait I forgot,you are a gangster,of the badge carrying type!!!!! Oink oink

20. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    Have we ever met, Bhudda? Whats with all the hostility towards me? WTF????