looking for someone to float with

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by francis james hunnycut, Jun 22, 2012.

1. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Media:
    Is your brain cloudy?? Cuz I dont recall meeting you:) just dishing you up some good steamy internet poo on a plate!! Maybe you wont be so quick next time to come off as a douche' like me:)ya I said it,I'm a douche ) now what?

Ryan Nathe likes this.
  2. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    So I was right, crack it is. ;)

3. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

Panhandle, you might want to hire a high school student to spell check your site this summer. Reading it is pure "torcher". ;)

4. francis james hunnycut

francis james hunnycut Redneck Hippie

Holy hannah! this is outta control! Are you in law enforcement, panhandle? If you were a gang star I would go by P-handle, you know, like P.diddy?! HA! I got no beef with cops, some of them are good people. You sure seem to like to razz hippies, though. no big whoop. My daddy was a redneck, mamma was a hippie, so I'm like some crazy hybrid...best of both worlds, baby.

5. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    Thats what happens when you let a Dane handle the english language. Francis I was Dead tour for five years.....im just razzing, trying to have fun. Obviously not coming across.

6. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I call those kind of fishermen vegetarians

7. Breck

Breck Active Member

I just recently obtained a pontoon boat, myself. I bought it because I co-own a Clackacraft drift boat with my best friend. The catch is, he lives near Portland, I live in Lynnwood. He keeps the boat May thru October, I get it November thru April. It's a pain in the ass, but he refuses to let me buy him out of his share. Anyway, I need to get this pontoon wet/bloody. I'd love some company on the Sky. I work thru the week, usually, and am also herb friendly. I also dont do any of these things:

8. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Whats with this herb friendly stuff,I like the don't ask /don't tell thing. Who cares if your a herbologist this is a fishing forum not a score a doobie forum. If your lookin to score some weed look on craigs list!!!!

9. francis james hunnycut

touche' mr sultan!

10. francis james hunnycut

It's all good p.handle! I'm a big boy, I can take a little razzin

11. francis james hunnycut

yeah, I'm not sure how it turned into such a big deal. that certainly was not my intention.

12. francis james hunnycut

right on Breck. Unfortunately, for the next little bit here I am on a retarded schedule that takes up my entire freakin weekend. So for the next month or so I am confined to fishing on the weekdays...

13. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

your lucky, the weekdays are the best..our sorry butts that can only do weekends are in for the torture!!!

I gotta say though, O mykiss...If you've been out 5-10 times with guides and didn't hook up then your either going at the wrong times or with bad guides...
    Yes, we are fishing for crumbs but there are many rivers around here that have fish in them... I can't believe a guide couldn't get you into at least one in that many trips...Unless as I said, it wasn't the season...so curious about the whens and where's if you don't mind!!

14. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

Didn't say 5-10 times, but if you must know, 3x on the Skagit/Sauk during prime time of spring and 1x on the Sky in February (and these were mostly name-brand guides), spaced out over a 10+ year period. Although I don't think there's anything unusual about going fishless over 4 random days of steelhead fishing over a 10-year period (I mean really - does a guide really up the odds that much?), I have to say I have had pretty pathetic luck with guides when it comes to steelhead. It is probably just me, but I'm always amused whenever someone tells a newbie that they need to just hire a guide to break a losing streak. The better advice would be to save your money and go some place (like the Methow or Grande Ronde in October or the OP in late winter/early spring) that has more than a couple fish in it.

15. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

I think you got it dead right here!!

The better advice would be to save your money and go some place (like the Methow or Grande Ronde in October or the OP in late winter/early spring) that has more than a couple fish in it.

16. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

Just wait next it will be meth friendly fisherman looking for buddies to tweak with, maybe catch a few hogs, and break into a few rigs on the way out!

Steve Call likes this.
  17. Joepa

Joepa Joe from PA

Wow. So, I had the pleasure to fish with Francis last week. There was no meth or crack involved – heck he doesn’t drink and isn’t a deadhead either. I can also confirm that his enthusiasm and interest in our method of angling is genuine, and I’d be happy to fish with him again.

18. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

This is Pan back in the day...break off and smoke at will bigfoot34.jpg

19. troutpounder

troutpounder Active Member

Francis awesome time fishing today!

20. francis james hunnycut

oh come on Joe! You're not going to tell them how I was trying to chop a line on my pontoon and popped it, forcing me to use my inflatable sex doll for my port-side pontoon? Or that I was swinging with power bait and blasting Marylin Manson from a ghetto blaster that was duct taped to my stern? personally, I am suprised we got any fishing in, what with all the vehicles we stopped to break into. ha!~ in all honesty, I had a freakin blast, and Joe is a hellova fisherman that gave me a few free tidbits of fly fishing gold that I'm sure will tip the scales in my favor. (hopefully sooner than later!) That was my first time fishing with another fly fisherman, and it was exhilarating just to be in the company of someone else that loves this sport as much as I do.

troutpounder likes this.