Looking for YOUR secret spot

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Kaiserman, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +437 / 0
    Not sure if asking this question is as "taboo" as asking for trout locations, but I guess I won't know until I ask. The whole world knows that a guy could catch a hundred of these fish, throw them on the bank, and not put a dent in their populations.

So..., I'm not actually looking for any particular spots, but I need some help with carp locations on Long Lake (Spokane River) from shore.

I wanted to try a new place today, due to time constraints, but only ended up driving around the lake for 2 hrs today, trying to figure out were I could just fish from shore. Never did...

Does a guy need to have a boat to get to the "flats" locations?

Thanks
  2. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +326 / 0
    You've got alot of balls asking a question like this... or maybe just two balls.:)
  3. stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Carlsbad, CA
    Ratings: +432 / 0
    drive to greenlake in Seattle. use the 1/4 glazed donut fly. Slays the carp
    Dustin Bootz likes this.
  4. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +337 / 0

I think you meant Cap Hill
  5. stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

Carlsbad, CA
    Ratings: +432 / 0
    actually- there are MASSIVE carp (regular and mirror) and koi in greenlake, and the guys who fish for them SLAY them with the 1/4 glazed donut
  6. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +150 / 0
    It's such a tough spot for bank fishing. I've done the same thing numerous times trying to find a non private spot to locate carp and I've struck out. gots to get on there with a boat and then recon from there
    Kaiserman likes this.
  7. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,337 / 0
    I'm more secretive about my carp flats than my trout spots. It's hard to find the perfect flat.
    Jim Ficklin likes this.
  8. Kaiserman content

Yeah, I was wondering that...

For what it's worth, thanks for the reply anyway mills
  9. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +151 / 0
    Not much for bank options. Many many options from a boat if you run from tum tum or 9mile.
    Kaiserman likes this.
  10. Kaiserman content

Cool, thanks Blake
  11. Jay Burman Experienced Ne'r do well and Layabout.

Snoqualmie, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    I usually fish Banks Lake for Carp. They're everywhere so it's not hard to find them. Just look for shallow areas. I fish from the shore and get plenty of shots at the Carp. Catching them however is not as easy. I want to know if there are any good Carp areas on the Columbia near Vantage since it's closer to home. Any tips would be helpful.
  12. Kaiserman content

I don't know of any particular places to go on the Columbia. I have gone to Banks before, but those are the "spookiest" fish I've ever been after.
  13. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +692 / 0
    Any good spots near Vantage are likely toast because of the Wanapum Dam drawdown; at least the ones I usually fish are.
  14. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,337 / 0
    I catch a lot of carp in Banks, but much prefer the clearer water of Lake Roosevelt, or anywhere on the Columbia. Banks Lake is just too murky to get the visual eats I like.