Looking to camp near Chilliwack, BC

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by nwtroutguy, Mar 29, 2014.

1. nwtroutguy

nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

Looking for some advice on any lakes around Chiliwack. Going up there for couple of days in July.

Anybody fished Chiliwack Lake? Any luck?

Thanks

2. Jonnytutu

Jonnytutu Member

Not a lot of good trout lakes around that area.....just a few put and take lakes. Your best bet is to zip up towards Merritt, lots of quality lakes up that way. Only a few hrs drive....

Fin

3. Super Dave

Super Dave New Member

Hey my first post on this forum. I am also a member of Fly-BC There are no real fishing lakes around Chilliwack, including Chilliwack Lake. That lake is very very deep, very cold, and fishing not very good. If you are only around for a couple of days, I would venture up to Sasquatch Provincial Park where there are three nice stocked lakes. Sasquatch is approx 1 hour drive NE from Chilliwack. The Chilliwack River has fair fishing for both Rainbows, and Bulls in the summer even though it is renown for fall/winter salmon and steelhead river fishing. Depending on when in July you may hit a small summer run. The previous poster mentioned Merritt which is about a 2 hour drive from Chilliwack. Merritt is a mecca of stillwater trout fishing. Lakes like Roche, Tunkwa, Lieghton, and Salmon to mention a few prime trout waters.

If we can send PM's here, fell free to send me one and I can maybe connect some dots for you, depending on what your final plans are.

Good luck ...

Duane J, constructeur and Irafly like this.
  4. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Welcome to Washington Fly Fishing Super Dave!

5. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

If you're out this way in July, consider spending a day on the Skagit River. Lots of bulls and tonnes of trout willing to hit dries. Check out www.gofishbc.com for some additional info on some of the fishing available.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Duane J likes this.