WTB loomis or sage 4wt

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by red16, Feb 9, 2013.

1. red16 New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    looking for a used 9ft or 9 .6 ft 4wt have paypal thank you for youer time red 16
  2. FLGator Member

PNW
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I have Sage SP 9' 4 wt for sale. 3 PC. Classified posted here on WFF. PM if interested
  3. red16 New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
  4. Yak Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Older Sage 490-4RPL but rod is like new. Asking $325.
  5. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,010 / 0
    I have no affiliation with FLGator, but own the 8'9" 5-piece version of the SP rod he has for sale. I've had many 3wt and 4wt rods over the years, and the SP is hands down the very best I've ever fished with. It's light enough that even a 10" fish puts a nice bend in it, but it has enough backbone to handle fish well over 20". It casts easily yet with authority, even on windy days.

I've not cast the 490-4RPL also mentioned above but have heard nothing but good things about them. Compared with the broomsticks that pass for today's fast-action rods, both the Sages above are definitely medium-action rods. But that won't prevent an intermediate caster from being able to regularly bang out 70 foot+ casts.

The fact that even older used Sage rods still command prices over $300 is a testimony to how highly regarded they are as all-around, top-quality fishing tools. Was me, I'd snap up either of these two and consider it the last 4wt you'll ever need to buy.

K
    Jeff Dodd and Get Some like this.