Loss of a Family Member

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Bill Aubrey, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

I feel your pain. It's so tough. Like others, we've lost one of our dogs at Christmas last year. The other lab isn't doing well. With my wife working for a vet, she knows his time is coming soon. It's tough, and my heart goes out to you.

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  2. Bob Newman

Bob Newman Member

I just lost my lab last night with no warning. He was just short of his eleventh birthday. Reading these comments helps. He has left a big hole in our hearts and life.

3. Phil Fravel

Phil Fravel Friendly

My heart is sad for ya Bill. It is impossible to replace a dogs love for you / us. Ill go and spend some time with mine now and celebrate the great life porter had with a great Owner/friend

Bill Aubrey and Kent Lufkin like this.
  4. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Sorry for your loss Bill. My wife and I are still aching over losing our two GR's in the past 10 months. Time will heal the sorrow and the great memories remain forever!

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  5. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of such a great friend, memories of whom will always be with you. He'll want you to get a new buddy soon...

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  6. Greg Price

Greg Price Love da little fishies

So Sorry, Bob.

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  7. jaybo41

jaybo41 Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I went through something similar a few years ago. Reading how you talk about your beloved friend clearly shows how much you cared for him. I'm sure he knew that. I empathize with your situation. Be thankful to have found him and always remember the many wonderful years you enjoyed together.

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  8. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

So sorry to hear this, Bob. I think it helped me that I really had no warning. But it's been tough. I still find myself saying "Porter, I'm home" when I come in.