Lost 2 rods and reels on the Yakima...

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by rockhidingfish, Jun 6, 2011.

1. rockhidingfish New Member

Woodinville Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hello. Had an adventure yesterday (Sunday, June 5th) on the yak and lost 2 rods and reels. One was out of its case and put together This was a St. Croix 9 ft. 6 weight with a less than stellar reel (scientific angler I believe). The other rod was in its case. It was a blue case with a Bozeman Angler insignia on it. The rod itself is a St. Croix 7.5 ft. 4 weight with a nice black ross reel on it. I lost these two rods just below the State boat launch and would love to have them back. There is a reward on both of them. You can email me at email0432@gmail.com or call/text 206 313 3855. Thank You.
  2. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +869 / 1
    So, you got swept under the log jam?
  3. rockhidingfish New Member

Woodinville Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ya, or rather my brother did...... got the boat back but the rods are another story. Everyone (including the dog) made it home so all in all I cant be too upset. Any tips on getting rods back (other than this)?
    Derek Pedersen
  4. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +869 / 1
    That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Always a good idea to check with a shop or guides for updates on blockage, access, etc. At this point, unless it washes up on a gravel bar, you've probably lost it. Go back and check for it in October is about your best bet.