Lost Gould bamboo and bauer reel on the Methow

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by atucf, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Just found this site again and thought I would post.

My son Ryan last August had to give up his Gould bamboo #7 weight and Bauer reel to avoid drowning. Ray built him the rod when he was about 10 (he's 20 now) and it meant a great deal to him.

I know it's a long shot but you never know.

Thanks
    Greg

2. where on the river did this happen?

3. Since Ray's no longer making rods, your son's loss is heartbreaking, although nothing by comparison with losing his life. While he'll most likely never replace the lost rod, at least he's alive to fish again another day.

K

4. Jason-I will check with Ryan

Kent-Definitly tough to lose but he will have fond memories. Ray and Ryan met at the fishing show when Ryan was 9 or 10. Ray was very impressed with the kids skill and demeanor and sent him the rod. We still don't even know how he found out our address. It was Ryan's favorite rod.

Greg

5. All I can say is WOW.

What an honor and loss, but at least he will still have a lifetime of fishing memories.

6. Ray was definitely a prince in the flyfishing community. Your story about him presenting your son with the rod adds an even greater luster to his already-sterling reputation. All his contributions to our sport are sorely missed.

K

7. Jason,

He was downstream of the KOA campgrounds about 5 miles he thinks. A large pool just upstream of a channel going to the left.

Greg