Lost Lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Matt Smith, May 25, 2009.

1. After my trip to Picnic Point this morning I still had some fishing left in me. I ventured out to Lost Lake, It's about 10 minutes from my house and yet I have never fished there before, until today. There were a handfull of others there when I rolled in around 1. Most of them were fly fishers which was nice to see. It was pretty slow, got a nibble on a wooley, nada on the chiros and just when I was going to call it a day it got real hot. I landed three within 15 minutes. All were about 8 to 10 inches in size, real bright. I figured that was a good success so I called it a day. I'm going to have to give this lake some more quality time.

2. :thumb:

Fresh and salt today eh? Any chance that the flies of success today were from the fresh and salt face to face swap?

3. As a matter of fact Ed, I caught the sculpin on your softex head baitfish. Thanks man! The trout came on my bunny leach.

4. $ Money $
    Glad that we connected on Saturday to get those flies in your hands.

5. If thats the lost lake by echo lake I fish that lake almost every week. I love that its so small and generally very quiet. I get the lake to myself most of the time. There are a few monsters in there, I caught a 21+ incher in there on Thursday.

6. Yup. thats the one. It's real close to my place. I have just always ventured out to the more infamous lakes. I have overlooked my own backyard. No more of that, Lost will be my go to lake!

7. Well we'll have to meet up there sometime. I'm usually there on Thursdays afternoon to early evening and sometimes on Fridays. Hit me up if you're ever going out on those days. FYI my new favorite fly for that lake is the water boatman.

8. Sure thing Casey, I drive right by it on my way home from work. If I get off early enough I will try to stop by and cast a few with you. I'll have a beer for you if you have a boatman for me. :beer2:

9. I used to swim in that lake........................Many, many moons ago.

10. I'm glad that it was many many moons ago. Time has cleansed the waters from your stank. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How's Montana?

11. Warm and the rivers are a nice brown shade. I've had a cold for a week so I don't go out anyplace. But there is a nice little creek close by that will get my attention when ever this stupid cold has run it's course.

Jim

12. Hope you feel better soon Jim. This crud has been going around, even to Montana. Get back on the river and catch some damn fish!

13. Casey, toons in the boat. I will be on lost after work. dont catch them all. save a few for me. I'm up in darrington and checked out fortson today. Damn I wish today was June 1.

14. Dang it! I with I would have seen this post sooner. I did my fishing in the salt this morning and wasn't planing on going to the lake today although I would have gone out for a couple hours had I known you were headed there. Next week?

15. Matt was bringing beer too, you can always count on Matt for handing over a cold one.

16. Should have been there, It was hot tonight. I got 6. I had to drink the extra beer by myself too. Damn all the luck. Until next week Casey. Lost is quickly becoming my favorite little lake. How was the salt? :beer2::beer2::beer2:

17. Is that a 3 or 4 wt creek? That's one of the nice things about fly fishing: There's always a right rod for whatever water you like to fish. Keep it fun, Jim!

Tight Lines!
    --Dave Eriksen

18. Saw a pretty big frog in there today.. he surfaced and just hung there. Slowly drifting by.. staring at me. Kinda freaked me out!! Stayed a little later than I should have and almost hooked a bat. Twice.. if I was younger and a LITTLE bit more of an asshole.. hahaha! Caught a largemouth on tuesday completely by accident (gear chuckin) so big I could have put my fist in his mouth, 5 pounder easy. Ok so maybe it was bigger in my mind haha you know how it goes.
    Missed all my strikes today. One of em could have been that damn frog! :eek:
    Sorry about the crappy pictures, cell phone.. I'm a size 12 wide..wish I had taken a good pic of his belly, it was as thick as my fat calves (again, in my mind). Gonna get him on a fly next week!
    Oh and I'm the fat guy with the outrageous hair who no doubt looks like a complete tool.. feel free to show me a thing or two (please!).

19. You know what Matt, I'm the guy you told to close up his cast tonight.. thanks a bunch! It really did work.. nevermind that I dropped my line on the first try!

20. im hopeing you released that fish cause im goin out tommorow and hope to get a few bass on some poppers :thumb: