Lost my cool on a beach today

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ed Call, May 30, 2009.

1. uncoolperson *splash* *splash* *splash*, I need a life vest

Bellingham, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ed, I didn't intend to "flame" you.

sorry.
  2. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Yeah, you burned all the hair off his head and he had to put on a hat! :clown:

Nice work Ed, although I don't think I would have done it that way, but the outcome was good! :beer1:
  3. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    way to give that beak a lesson mumbles

but what did you do to cause that massive brown grouper migration from that pipe

ps i found a "beak" referance in a 40's Orwell novel

i have seen a few boot releases down here on the kp
    makes you sick to the tummy
    i need to keep the warden on the speed dial
  4. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:....
    ...If I had any more thumbs I wouldn't be able to tie on any flies at all...:eek:

Anyhow, great job Mr. Call.:beer2:

Jc:)
  5. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,621 / 0
    Uncoolperson,

The unnamed perp was not illegally obstructed or harrassed by Ed because he drug the SRC out of the water. Fish that must be released - all SRC in saltwater - are not to be removed from the water. Also, it the perp's Pixee spoon had a treble hook or barbed hook, he was fishing illegally. As fearsome as Ed must be (look at his avatar!), the perp likely knew he was in the wrong, as evidenced by his fleeing the scene.

Sg
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,659 / 0
    One fish out of thousands. How many fish did he violate before you showed up.

Jim
  7. uncoolperson *splash* *splash* *splash*, I need a life vest

Bellingham, wa
    okay.

I wasn't arguing that he was in the wrong/right (I thought I had made it clear I didn't know)... I was simply saying I'd be careful doing what he did or telling the story.
  8. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +425 / 0
    Good on ya for taking swift action, Mumbles. Glad it didn't come to a dance. It's never a good thing when two grown men dance.
  9. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    ^
    Yep, the winner is still sore for days and days once you are over 30ish..
  10. Rocket Red Vegetarian Cannibal

Elma
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Great story. When you said that you took the fish back down to the water, I was hoping that the guy didn't pick up a rock and stone you on the brain. Glad to see he didn't. Next time don't turn your back to someone you pissed off.
  11. ReelFlyBro Team Short Bus

Montucky
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    RFB, ha, that is cool. That photo really makes me look like trouble crossed with half an octopus. All those extra arms and digits. Honestly, not sure if I could even pick the dude out of a lineup. Maybe I should have never told my view of the story? Maybe someday he'll post his version? Anyway it gave us something to bicker about for a few days until that five day gap in the river opening comes to a close this Saturday.
  13. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    know what would be Clint Eastwood cool?
    Pull out your digital and start taking a sequence of pictures, follow the prick all the way to his car, and take pictures of his license plate. Talk to him the whole time..."smile baby, you're on candid camera...smile for the judge little man..."
    Even if DFW does nothing about it, it would be a superfine HeadF*ck.

Just thinking out loud:D
  14. ReelFlyBro Team Short Bus

Montucky
    I had a post a few weeks ago about confronting a person who took my fly rod. I used mildly aggressive words. someone posted back that if I confronted them like that, they would shoot me like a wild dog. after reading that losers comment, I will think twice about confronting someone. too many dirt bags out there these days
  15. Mr56Jeep Because I can

Puyallup, WA
    First off... Good on ya!!! :beer2:

Second....I have to wonder who he told the story to and what it sounded like. :confused:

His story was probably like "I thought this pissed off dude was gonna kick my butt!! Then he ran up and took may fish and ran in the water. He was MENTAL!!! I hauled @$$!!! Figured he could keep my spoon"

:rofl:
  16. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +137 / 0
    I have a dollar for the formation of a committee to honor Mumbles with a bronze statue on that very beach

Nice work ed
  17. rotato Active Member

home,wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    hey spey
    although i just watched dirty harry on sat
    clint isnt that cool
    my buddy in santa cruz who works for the coastal commission is in full battle with him
    he wants to build a golf course on the last stand of native coastal oaks in norcal
    i like to chase the little white ball butt sheesh

just thought we should know that the cool guy on screen is not that cool with the environment
  18. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +288 / 0
    ED thats what 12 inch fillet knives are for
    thanks for kickin A til he smelt boot polish
  19. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    You the man Ed.
  20. Jerry White Member

City, State
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    Ed... a true Salmonid Warrior. I hoist a frosty beverage to your action and intent! :beer1: Were we all to act with such decisiveness in the face of ALL forces that threaten our finned brethren, we might still have salmon runs in our rivers and native trout in our creeks!
    JW