Lost on the Chewuck Fly Rod and Reel

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by DonChilds, Aug 18, 2011.

1. DonChilds

DonChilds Have Spey Will Travel

Not sure that I will have as much luck as Paul did but what the heck I will try.
    Lost on the Chewuck River, August 13, 2011 at Eightmile Creek, a Yellowstone 5w fly rod and reel.
    Caution to all NEVER, NEVER leave your fly rod on the top of your SUV and drive off. Dumb Dumb
    PM me if you find it thanks in advance.

2. sroffe

sroffe Member

Did that once. Haven't done it since.

3. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Did it once myself too but fortunately I heard it skipping across the roof onto the ground. I hope you get it back.

4. Dave Alberts

Dave Alberts Member

That kind of "brain fart" sure screws up a new shotgun too...

5. DonChilds

Thank for the nice words. It's good to know I am not the only one.

6. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Last year we were hunting pheasants in the snow in Montana. We took the birds and put them in the snow for a photo. I leaned my shotgun on the front bumper thinking I would get it to put in the picture. By the time we got the dogs and people in the photo, I forgot about my gun. Got in the truck and drove forward, right over the gun and bent the stock in half! It is not fixable and it was such a stupid move! So you are definitely not the only one! Rick

7. Mikey

Mikey Member

No, you are certainly not the only one...I have also done it with skis, a bike (both put in the rack but not secured), binoculars....you get the picture

8. Bonefish Jack

Bonefish Jack Strictly FF

Like most of you, I have done it, too.

The trick is to put your rod (or your sunglasses, or your whatever) on the front hood of your vehicle. That way, you will see it whenever you get in the car and get ready to drive. I think I first read this in Tap's Tips.

9. DonChilds

That's a great tip
    Thanks