Lost Rod - Wenatchee

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by segge, Oct 28, 2007.

1. segge

segge Member

It pains me to no end ... Lost my Spey - Sage 6126/reel/line/fly on the Wenatchee river just below the Cottage Ave bridge at Cashmere. If someone should happen upon it downriver let me know.

Thanks .... Steve Egge

2. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Man, that's the 4ht lost rod I've heard of this year while the owner was steelheading. I'd ask, but I don't think I can handle the pain of knowing how it happened. I hope you get it back.

Sg

3. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I know the Wenatchee river well and if the river took it it will end up down by the sewer plant, in the quiet water.
    Get a wet suit and go looking before the water colors up and ya can't see.

4. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

Media:
    They need to make lojack small enough to fit inside the grips of the rod....

5. Big Tuna

Big Tuna Member

Media:
    Steve,
    You might call Jeremy at Central Fly Fishing- 630-0460- and ask him to keep an ear out. Also, feel free to pm me w/ the general area and I'll try to keep an eye out. I'll be fishing Sunday morning.

Jon

6. segge

segge Member

Thanks guys for all the help ... keep your eyes peeled for me esp if you are floating the river.

The rod floated downriver pointing strait downriver towards the next riffle .... by the time I was able to get loose (pull up my anchor which was stuck ... I should have cut/untied the anchor line) I couldn't see it. I'm hoping to do some fishing Sat AM then once the light is better float that section and see if I can see it. The flows are MUCH lower now.

Steve Egge

7. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

SEGGE-
    I might have your rod/reel/line. Give me a call here at the Orvis shop.

Ross Johnson
    Shop # (425)-452-9138

8. segge

segge Member

Lost Rod - Wenatchee - found!!

I called Ross and he found it ... actually bought it from kid who found it while he was guiding on the Wenatchee. The kid started asking Ross what kind of rod it was etc. but as it wasn't a trout rod, he didn't know what to do with it so he was willing to sell it ... it is missing the tip and I'll work on getting a replacement. Hopefully I'll be reunited with it tomorrow!

A couple of lessons learned and observations ....

1) Always secure your load in a raft with straps.
    2) Spey Rods Float!!!! not like trout rods which sink if you drop them in the river. I should have not given up but booked on down river looking for it further than I did ... for I figured it sank.
    3) Ross is a great guy for taking the trouble to find the owner. He will be rewarded for his efforts.

Thanks to all (esp Ross ) ...
    Steve Egge