LOST....

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Wayne Kohan, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Haven't heard from Mumbles lately. Did you get his skunk??

Whats up with that?
  2. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +775 / 0
    Fortunately the only skunk I have is a 3x3 bit fo fur. Great for hair wings.
  3. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    Already got the new reel, I guess a new line, maybe a new rod. Maybe I should borrow a friend's rod or something. I do want new waders, my boot foots are leaking and I can't seem to get them fixed up right. Too cold for much experimenting at this point.

I mean seriously, I have gotten up real early, and tried sleeping in. I have worn my lucky sweatshirt, my lucky hats (all 5 of them), my lucky shirt, even my lucky underwear. I have used my confidence fly, tried the butt ugly flies, pissed upstream, pissed downstream, changed skagit to Rage to scandi, used multiple tips.

But I do love to just cast and swing and cast and swing, so I am having fun.

I will try again this weekend, so if you see someone standing out in the water casting backwards wearing 5 hats and no underwear, that will be me.

Wayne
  4. Rod Wittner Active Member

West Richland, WA
    Ratings: +69 / 1
    We can ride together; I'll meet you at the Wallgreens. How's 7am sound? I am checking the flows first, tho.
  5. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    I will be there at 7. I assume the rd 68 Walgreen.

Wayne
  6. Rod Wittner Active Member

West Richland, WA
    Ratings: +69 / 1
    Yep, sounds good. See you then my friend
  7. Tracy Lauricella Active Member

Lakewood, WA
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    Meh. I'm up to 133 hours on the Snoqualmie trying for steelhead with no success yet. No success for steelhead on other rivers yet either. Tried both fly fishing and gear fishing, single hander, spey, drift boating, shoreline, wet swing, nymphing, drifting, bobber & jig, and even plunking.

Still I persist.
    Salmo_g likes this.
  8. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +684 / 0
    When you get frustrated, Wayne, take a break & do something more productive, like say, hunt E. WA Pheasants. Oh, wait, I said "more productive" . . . well, you don't get as cold or wet & do get to walk a lot . . . maybe Rod's Odie will point Steel for you; he's a helluva dog.
  9. Wayne Kohan fish-ician

TriCities, WA
    Nevermind, things are better. Rod helped me find some fish. I'm better now.
  10. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,687 / 0
    Tracy,

I think you have the makings of a steelheader in you. Carry on.

Sg