MA. 9 & 10 - 9/4

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Stonefish, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Hit a MA 9 beach this morning. Bill (SciGuy) was already there and had land a really nice buck coho. Congrats on a very nice fish Bill. Post up that pic if you get a chance.
    No love for me except a couple of shakers. I happened to foul hook the biggest sandlance I've ever seen, an easy 6" specimen. Should have taken a picture if it. Water died out and not much was happening so time for a change of scenery.
    Took the ferry back to the eastside of the sound and stopped home for lunch. Looked at the tide tables and picked a MA 10 beach that fishes well on the incoming. Started fishing around 2:00 just as the water started moving and the north wind started blowing harder. Around 3:30 had a good take followed by a run and a big jump as the coho spit the hook and bid me adieu. Things weeded up around 4:00 and I called it a day.
    Some days things come easy and other days you have to work your ass off for that one tug. Today was one of those days. Final score....fish 1, SF 0
    Some fog, clouds and a south wind are on the top of my current fishing wish list.

Nick Clayton likes this.
  2. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Any day not at work is a good day. Not being at work AND feeling a tug? Sounds pretty good to me. Sounds like you have a bunch of fishing time ahead of you, I'm sure you'll get even with em tomorrow. Wish I could be out there with ya.

And yes, Bill, make with the pics man!

3. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Media:
    I like your vacation style SF!!!

4. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

I was the other fly guy there and should have introduced myself. Next time. At first I thought the fish SciGuy had was a chinook the way it immediately took off to Whidbey. Congrats too and looking forward to the pic as well. Did you guys notice the very large bait ball action much further out?

5. DimeBrite

DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Media:
    I couldn't agree more about the need for some cloud cover or thick morning fog. These beautiful late summer days are great, but they restrict the best salmon fishing to before sunrise and around sunset. Good job on hooking a nice salmon so late in the afternoon!
    The forecast calls for some clouds and rain on Monday.

6. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Media:
    Hit the usual popular west side area 9 location this AM. Saw a couple of fish to the beach, including my first of the year. Decent sized wild fish, will be great on the BBQ tonight. I was bummed about having to miss all the great fishing last week (worked right through the holiday weekend), but glad the fish are still around.