MA10 8/3 report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by nwtroutguy, Aug 3, 2013.

1. nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

Bothell, washington
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Fished the end of the low and through most of the high tide over near Dash Point. Lot's of boats(some with little to no boating etiquette) around. The fish seemed to come in waves, but none jumping. Needed to go down to guest them even though we were only in 10 feet of water. Quite a few hook ups and a limit after 3 hours. Pinkies seemed to want a much smaller fly today with good jigging action. Would have been a beautiful day on the water except my buddies crab pots got stolen.....everything.....WTF???

Here you go: image.jpg
  2. DKL Nude to the board

West Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Nice job. Only thing I limited out on was seaweed. Got three crabs in the pot though.

DKL
  3. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    nice ones! Did you see any boats on the vashon side? Maybe too early..
  4. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,615 / 2
    Dash is MA11
  5. nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

Bothell, washington
    Evan, you are correct.....must be a little tired from the sun and getting up early....thanks.
  6. nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

Bothell, washington
    Peter Poncho, I did not see any boats over by Vashon. IMHO, I think it is just a tad early yet, but within the next week to ten days it should be rockin'. As I said, the fishing seemed to come in waves and pretty shallow, but no jumpers or finning that I could see. I thought we did fairly well considering it was a little slow.
  7. Fishee Member

seattle
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    Crab pots stolen! That sucks, I've been hearing a lot story people losing crab pots since opening day. But I also was told people didn't have enough lines out for the incoming tide, then the pots gets pushed out even deeper. Also, make sure put some weights in those pots if you are fishing more than 100 feet of leaded line.
  8. Carpmaster2 New Member

Ratings: +1 / 0
    Nice. Fished twice this weekend in MA11 and it still seems a bit spotty. 6 hookups the first outing, zero the next - saw fish on day 2, though thick salad and the trashing seal following my boat probably didnt help. There is talk about the fish getting bigger in recent years, but they seemed smaller than 2011, however meaningful one day of sample size is.
  9. ten80 Active Member

Anchorage, AK
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    caught a mix of sizes in MA11 this weekend, from about 2 to 6 lbs. I think north sound fish tend to run a little larger.
  10. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    I find that to be the case each year. South sound fish run smaller for sure. Snohomish fish run much bigger, and Skagit fish bigger yet.
  11. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    My flies must be broken I have been out twice and on both attempts caught Coho, I havent even seen a pink yet :confused:
  12. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Funny enough, out at Neah Bay last week, my pink flies caught nothing but coho. I actually haven't caught a pink on pink yet this year. Caught lots and lots of pinks so far, but none on a pink fly.
  13. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    I believe it, I just tied up a bunch of hot orange\pink and chartreuse pink stuff to see if that helps out. I have like the next 3 weeks off so with that much time im sure to get into some.
  14. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,116 / 4

Same story with me. I'm brining up my second big batch right now and not one of them were caught with pink. Go figure.