Make Your Super Bowl Predictions...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kaiserman, Jan 24, 2014.

?

Super Bowl predictions

Poll closed Feb 3, 2014.
Denver will win 21 vote(s) 24.7%
Seattle will win 53 vote(s) 62.4%
Peyton will be sacked 4 times or more 10 vote(s) 11.8%
Richard Sherman will get thrown to, more than 4 times 23 vote(s) 27.1%
The game will be decided by 3 points or less 24 vote(s) 28.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +533 / 0
    Tavaris Jackson outplays Peyton Manning after Russell Wilson leaves game early due to concussion, TJ wins MVP after throwing for 345 yards and four touchdowns. Sea 38 Den 27. Didn't see that one coming did ya? ;) Lots of times it is someone you never accounted for that comes up big in games like these.
  2. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,111 / 0
    The 2006 SB was a self fulfilling prophecy. For 2 weeks before the game the media could only talk about how great it would be if Jerome Bettis-playing in his last game in his home town and in a Super Bowl-could walk away a winner. The refs made sure it happened. After that play I knew the fix was in, turned off the TV and went to my shop. I haven't watched a full SB since and this year will be no different. As mentioned, this game is all about Peyton's 'legacy' and I expect a similar result.

In the opening telecast of the following season John Madden didn't mince words in pointing out that Seattle was robbed by less than stellar officiating.

The nuts and bolts of next week's game seem to be that Denver scores lots of points and Seattle very few. Manning more than any other quarterback knows how to torch defenses no matter what their reputation is. I see the wily, cagey veteran outsmarting the mouthy young punks in the end with no doubt a little help from the refs. My heart is with Seattle, my money on Denver.

Ive
    Mark Kraniger likes this.
  3. troutpounder Active Member

everett
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    I know most dont agree with this but I can not stand to watch manning run an offense. He is annoying at best but really I think he is kinda over rated. I know he is a good pocket passer but really he has not had very good post season success. Now before the bronco fans jump on my. Yes I know seattle does not have a SB win (until sunday). Hawks Defense is going to have a field day on sunday. I predict the LOB will have 4 picks. Final score will be 24-10 Seahawks. GO HAWKS
  4. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,337 / 0
    I'm mostly with you Ive. I haven't really cared to watch a superbowl since that game. I usually go fishing and have just about anywhere I go devoid of human life. It was disappointing to see how easily it could be rigged, so I haven't watched(until this year), and only because the Hawks made it there again.
  5. Drifter Active Member

Ratings: +648 / 2
    I also predict the first quarter is not going to go well for the hawks defense. I think the NFL and the refs are already chatting about throwing penalty flags for un sportsman like conduct right away to get a hold of all the after play bull-shit that Seattle's defense seems to think they can get away with! The last game was horrible with after play jabbering and following offensive players back to the line screaming at them. I couldn't believe more flags were not thrown.

This is not a west coast game watched by the few - The whole nation will be watching and I really don't think the refs are going to let Seattle's defense make a mockery out of the game and this time it won't be the refs fault! I predict 3 un-sportsman like conduct calls against Seattle the first quarter which will allow Denver to score. I hope o'l Pete is already preparing the defense for this but he hasn't all year so we will see.

I hope it's a good game and I hope "SEATTLE" wins!
  6. troutpounder Active Member

everett
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    I love the shit talking! It is the way i think sports should be played!!
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  7. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,337 / 0
    Sherman supposedly just said "good try" and the offense was unsportsmanlike. They're known as the Forty Whiners for a reason.
    troutpounder, Kent Lufkin and Porter like this.
  8. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +337 / 0
    Quiet Please!

Kaiserman, Anil, Irafly and 2 others like this.
  9. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +437 / 0
    I find the whole Sherman thing absolutely hilarious and hypocritical from the media.

Does anyone know just how much of a trash talker Crabtree is?! You wonder why they never have sound bites of Crabtree? He'd make Eddy Murphy blush!
    Kent Lufkin and troutpounder like this.
  10. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    i think the nfl doesnt like to interview mediocre recievers
    Porter likes this.
  11. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +229 / 1
  12. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +326 / 0
    He has some big nostrils.
  13. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +533 / 0
    I didn't realize Pete Carroll was a DB coach for Bud Grant at Minnesota. He was a mentor to Carroll. Carroll said he lives/coaches by Grant's philosophy of do it your way and don't look back. So now......think, same formula and personnel....
    Wilson = Tarkenton
    Lynch = Foreman
    Legion of Boom = Purple People Eaters
    Both small north city teams
    ..and Bud and Pete both have/had white hair

Viks 0-4 in SB

Yikes
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  14. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +752 / 2
    I predict more of this......

stlhd1.JPG
    Freestone and Irafly like this.
  15. WA-Fly Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    Broncos will win

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    bennysbuddy likes this.
  16. Rob Allen Active Member

Vancouver WA
    Ratings: +401 / 0
    I hate sports.. but here is what I was told by someone who's opinion i respect on the issue.

Seattle has a better defense
    Denver has a better Offence.
    Payton manning is known for being able to evaluate and destroy other teams defenses. it is therefore his game to lose. The game will be decided by how he plays.
  17. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,087 / 0
    Seattle is known to evaluate and destroy other offenses.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  18. jersey livin' the dream

sonoma county
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Id prefer the c
    o-gen' plants
    to fail in north jersey, no power in the meadow lands and sit through another week of analysis on predictions. Sports media here spend 90 percent of time on what ifs and what could be. Rarely, do they talk about what is.

BPL in the morning, followed by some La Liga, and a bit of Serie A replays later in the day. If we got some rain down here, Id spend the day on the water.

Wish you hawks fans the best of luck, you make games electric!
  19. Rob Allen Active Member

Vancouver WA
    Ratings: +401 / 0

I certainly hope so but I wouldn't really know...
  20. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +437 / 0
    I've been noticing a change over the past year, year and a half. However now, I'm convinced more than ever.

ESPN radio is now the TMZ of talk shows. Those clowns are all about the "juicy gossip", rather than an actual breakdown of a game. It's getting ridiculous.

What I find most disturbing, is when they get an actual former football player (some that have even played in a Super Bowl), and the player expresses a completely different view of the game matchups than the hosts of the show. The hosts don't know what to do with themselves, after an actual (based on experience) response to a question.

What? No comments on Sherman's outlandish "behavior"? You can almost sense the look on the players face when asked about it - * Dude, seriously? It's football.*

I know amazing isn't it?! An actual football player giving his take on a game... weird huh? :rolleyes:

Seriously ESPN, talk football/sports. Stop trying to be the "Inquirer Magazine" of talk shows.

Otherwise, you're going to have to change you call letters to GPN (Gossip Programming Network)