Mancation VI - Montana

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by surfnsully, Jul 27, 2014.

1. surfnsully

surfnsully Active Member

Media:
    Just a few pictures from our recent Mancation to the Missoula MT area. There was plenty of water for this time of year, a lot of wildlife running around (Mtn. Goats, deer, Moose), and some hot and cold fishing.

Upper Blackfoot was slow for us and Rock Creek, although beautiful, was also slow. The folks at the Mercantile said that few fish had been caught recently. However, the drive up Rock Creek ( we went about 25 miles up the dirt road) was awesome. What beautiful country and it was not very crowded mid week.

We completed the trip on the Bitterroot floating below Darby and fishing the forks. Great times and fantastic fish on this underrated river.

Enjoy the pictures.

Rock Creek from the suspension bridge
    A pretty cut
    A refreshing drink
    And a glimpse of the thunder storm that hit us on the Upper Blackfoot.

DSCF0010.JPG DSCF0032.JPG IMG_0858.jpg IMG_0859 2.JPG

2. JasonG

JasonG Active Member

Great report.!

3. Solitude

Solitude Member

Media:
    I love that area! I have fished the Missoula area for years now. Last trip out, I went farther South and East. Still great fishing, but completely different type of fishing and way different scenery.

Wish I could live over there!!!

surfnsully likes this.
  4. rwbailey05

rwbailey05 GO COUGS

Media:
    Just spent 5 days in Montana and had a great time. Fished all the rivers around Twin Bridges and worked our way back West spending an afternoon on Rock. Fishing was good and the flows were fantastic for this time of year. Woke up one morning in Twin Bridges to Snow on the mountains all around us and a rising river... which brought out the meat and the big fish :)