Manual boat loaders?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Golden Trout, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Golden Trout

Golden Trout Active Member

Anyone have a manual boat loader? Presently, I have a Yakima boat rack on top of a cab on the back of a pick up. Shoulder surgery coming in late June will make putting boat on an off next to impossible. Sooooo, am looking for a boat loader on a budget - manual. I have done a bit of internet research but would like to hear some first-hand wisdom, please.

2. Panther

Panther Member

3. Panther

Panther Member

I have a couple of aluminum boats (9 feet and 12 feet). I have used the Eide Boat Loader for the last 10 years or so, and am pleased with it. I use their electric loader, but the hand crank one that they offer is cheaper and it should be easy to use. The disadvantage of the Eide system vs. trailering the boat is that you have to completely load and unload your boat at the ramp each time you use it. The advantages of the Eide are that you don't have to store a trailer at home, and you don't need much of a ramp to be able to launch (I like to fish small bodies of water). Just google Eide boat loader. They have a pretty informative site.

Panther