Marathon Swap X-Mas Tying Contest

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Hi All,

The deadline for the tying contest is drawing ever closer (Dec 15th). So far I have entries from Jim Williamson, Warren Perry, Randy Diefert, ICConrad, Jesse James, Doug Patterson and last but not least Bob Ellis. I also saw that Matt Grunewald mailed his entry this morning.

If you guys would like to see the picture of your fly that will be posted in the gallery, send me an e-mail so that I can attach the photo to the return. The pics look pretty good.

For everyone else, your just gonna have to wait for the winners to be announced and the pictures posted.

The Judges are heading over here on the 16th for dinner and judging of your flies. Winners will be announced on the 20th.

REE
  2. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Ron,

My "Frosty Bugger" is in the mail. I mean, somebody has to be the last one to enter... right? :confused:

I can't wait to see the "Liquid Lace Grinch that stole Christmas" along with all the others :rofl:
    Great idea Ron!

LT :beer2:
  3. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    :rofl: , :rofl: :rofl: very funny LT ;)
  4. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Unless someone shows up at my door with a fly in his hot little hand before midnight tonite, any flies that haven't made it here are late.

Todays offerings included flies from Leaky Tiki, Theron DePaulo and a special entry (not in the running for a prize) from Surf Candy's 9 year old daughter.

Al I can say is that you guys are all sand baggin! Every entry has shown great craftsmanship and imaginative use of materials. This is going to be a very tough decision for the judges to make. I don't envy them a bit.

Now just sit on pins and needles until the 20th when the winners will be announced right here on the BB.

If any of you want a preview of Vickie's fly for the terrestrial portion of the marathon swap, take a look in my members gallery here. I'm impressed.

REE
  5. Dylan D Member

West Seattle
    REE -
    I tried and tried, but alas, no spirit from me this year. Let me tell you, Rudolph is not an easy fly to tie. I'll have to work on it and submit in next year's Anti-Cabin Fever Supreme Swapmeister's Swap-A-Thon. :D

Dylan
  6. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Dylon,

If my new 6wgt TFO spey rod hadn't arrived today, I'd be a little Bah! Humbug! myself. Unfortunately, VEE is on the other side of the mountains for her sisters wedding and her Grandmothers 90 somethin birthday. House seems really empty without the snip-snip of her scissors at the tying bench.

REE
  7. Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Vashon Island, Wa.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    So Ron,
    No fly from me by the deadline? RRRRRRR. I mailed it MONDAY Morning (12/13)

It will be interesting what the post mark says!

SORRY about that my friend.

Griswald
  8. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Matt, and everyone else. I must have gotten busy. Matt's fly arrived on Tuesday afternoon. Sorry guys, see what happens when I get a new rod to play with. evrything goes out the window.

In other words, yes, you made the deadline Matt.

REE
  9. Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Vashon Island, Wa.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Schweet!
    Ron, don't worry about sending it back to me, unless it is a WINNER....
    Don't worry about missing it, I hope you had fun with the new Spey Rod!
    Best,
    Griswald
  10. ZugBug Member

Castle Rock, Colorado
    Just checked out the pics in the gallery. Great work all! Some very creative tying.