Marblemount to Steelhead Park, distance?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Flyfishsteel, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Flyfishsteel

Flyfishsteel New Member

Was wondering the time it would take from those two points with rough wading in between?

Also Is there a put-in at that place that has the cabins and rabbits? I know they allow fishing access there but what about DB put-ins? Thanks!

PS: Also who has a shuttle service there that would drive my vehicle to the take out, or drive me up to the put-in from the take out? Thanks

2. willieboat

willieboat Member

Media:
    The place with the bunnies, Clarks Cabins, will shuttle for you. Bob, I think his name is.
    The boat launches on the Skagit that I've used are:

Upstream of the cabins, in Marble Mount. Cross the steel bridge, and turn right, which will put you under the bridge. Launch is right there.

Downstream of the cabins. About half way to Howard Miller Steelhead Park. An easy launch at Swift Creek. You will see, the pull in. I think that there is a public toilet there.

Steelhead park of course.

Approximately three miles down stream of the Steelhead park. Look for a break in the guardrail.

Don

Don

3. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

There's no boat launch at Clark's Cabins, but they do offer shuttle service. The last launch site that willieboat mentioned is the North (meaning, north side of the Skagit) Faber Landing. Directly across stream from it is the South Faber Landing boat ramp (at Milepost 7 of the South Skagit-Sauk Highway). Faber Landing used to be a ferry crossing.

4. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast Active Member

There is a boat launch at Clark's Cabins. I haven't used it, but I have a feeling it's by permission only.

5. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Marblemount to Steelhead Park at Rockport is 10 river miles. It's a good day's drifting and fishing. I've done it many times.

I don't know of any public boat launching at Clark's (bunny) Cabins. There is an unimproved launch/retrieval site at the mouth of Rocky Creek, which is the old Mooney church property, which appears to have been further broken up and sub-divided. Nonetheless, the road was still open last time I went in there. And there's the access point where you can launch and retrieve at Sutter Creek, just upstream of Swift Creek.

Enjoy.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.