March 1 opener

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by m.albrecht@comcast.net, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

I have a dolly for my pram now. It could be worth the possibility of looking into other options as well.

troutpocket likes this.
  2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

As long as they haven't been hooked before. I understand.

3. Old406Kid

Old406Kid Active Member

Ira,
    Would you mind posting a picture of your dolly some time?
    I have a 9'6" Almarco that I can mostly handle now but not
    getting any younger and don't need to screw up my back.
    Thanks

4. zen leecher aka bill w

5. if i get blown out a second week for my op trip i will most likely venture over to lenice

6. zen leecher aka bill w

Why would you go to a lake that's probably going to be crowded?

7. Islander

Islander Steve

Because we're a FUN crowd!!! :D
    ......and we have whiskey.

Rick Todd likes this.
  8. dp

dp ~El Pescador

looks like I will be on Lenice Sunday, 3/3 and then again 3/8 and 3/9
    looking forward to some lake time!!

9. bakerite

bakerite Active Member

I went to my favorite early season WA lake two years ago, but the water level was so low you could not fish. I call it 'little dry falls' and it used to have (20 years ago)great dry fly chironimid fishing in the spring....you could fish the reeds on the far side of the lake from where you walk in and catch a bunch of 12 to 15 inch bows on drys. Does anyone know why the level is low? Is this a general columbia basin deal. The othe lakes i fished that trip seemed to be about the same as usual.

10. Rod Sand

Rod Sand Member

Sounds like you hiked into Castle Lake?

11. Does kind of sound like Castle. Anyway, drove by Lenore today and it's 90% ice free, no problem for access any place. Amazing what the wind can do in a couple of days, last Sat. there was 80% ice or so, really cleaned up.

12. bakerite

bakerite Active Member

Used to go there several times every season.....does anyone fish it anymore?

13. Not very often, I live within 1/2 mi. of parking area, early in the year you'll see 1/2 dozen rigs a month maybe. Not sure what the WDFW planting is now, they used to do it annually. 20 plus years ago had some nice fish, last 10-15 yrs. not so good IMHO. We used to go in the short way by the syphon but gates are locked, not worth the hike and ladder & climb to get in there anymore for me. More power to anyone that does have the gumption though.

14. bakerite

bakerite Active Member

When i went two years ago the water was at least 10 feet lower than it was when I used to fish it....you could not really get to any fishable water and I saw no risers, although the wdfw site said it had been stocked. As you say 20 years ago it was a great little fishery. I caught a lot more fish there on dries than most other basin lakes.

15. Donato

Donato Member

Look like I'll be fishing with my friend Blooper Bill/Zen Leecher/ Bill Warner at Quincy on Fri and pitching bait with my Mexican Friends on Sat at the same lake. That $1,000 fish will solve my gas problems for awhile.:)