Maybe later....

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Davy, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Jeeez, I have had this hook in the vice for what? going on 3 weeks I think now!

I keep moving it over and using another vice and dressing spey flys and trout flys,bass flys and searun flys--anything but the fly I "have" to tye. :confused:

Maybe this is common but I sure feel like it's just me.Tyers block? :beathead:

Maybe it's the size,it's a big ol' 8/0 A&H blind eye.Perhaps I am "scared" of such a big bad hook? Nope, done this before. :hmmm:

Maybe I am lazy? why then have I been tying many other fly's? Nope,not it either.

Ok, now I know a few of those days I was waiting for materials in my mailbox but I could have atleast tied the rear of the fly, right? Did I? Nope?

Yesterday afternoon I atleast got out my big plate glass and took the feathers off the skin and rinsed them and started sorting them on the glass.But here I sit,looking at that hook in the vice.The gut is soaked and I have the floss and the tail topping ready but just can't seem to sit down and begin.Maybe later I will get on that.

I keep telling myself the humidity is wrong and my hands are too rough.The puppies need my attention,whatever fit's at the time to keep myself from tying this fly.Maybe later I keep saying.Maybe later.

Davy
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,647 / 0
    That's alright Davy. I feel about the same. I put a hook in my vise about two weeks ago and was going to try using a glue gun to make a egg head so I could tie up some ESL's. Well my hands shook so bad I quit trying and now it just sits there looking back at me with a ugly glob of glue on it.

Jim.....The shakiest hands west of the Big Muddy :beathead:
  3. Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

Arlington, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Here is the new animated Oldman avatar.

(edit) ok Jim heres the bug one. Sorry Davy for the off topic post. . .it's all Jims fault :p

Attached Files:

4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,647 / 0
    What you need to do is put up the one with the bugs flying around it. I do feel that old every once in a while.

Looks like I need to change my avatar to something that looks better except that I can't find anything better :beathead:

Keep up the good work. Looks like I'll have to come to the park to destroy something to get back at you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :p

Jim
  5. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    sheesh ,I don't care

hey--I got the butt/tag, and 3 body sections on and 5 wing structures! Almost half done !!
  6. Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

Arlington, WA
    A random design or are you going for a certain pattern . .?
  7. Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

Arlington, WA
    Jim I could give you this hook to tie on, I think it's big enough. . .

I made this hook about 6 months ago, It took that long to figure what I going to waste on it. whole strip of red rabbit and black rabbit, and two pheasant feather. I had to use my shop vise to tie on it. . . I felt really small. . .I thought of making it a trophy for the board. donno

Attached Files:

8. ceviche Active Member

Shoreline, Washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  9. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Jeremy-- An old classic- an 8/0 Golden Butterfly from Kelson.

rivers are droppin & lookin guuuudddddddd

Davy