meat chuckers delight

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by mike doughty, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

J, as of yet undetermined. Let's say BIG, and articulated. Tell me, hook front, rear, both and let the user clip them. I may do a shank up front (extra mass, extra splash) and an articualted rear hook.

I do not want to catch a brown trout. I want to catch a REALLY BIG BROWN TROUT. Colors I have materials in are brown/tan/ginger with a few different options. I like the big bushy head on this one with the rubber streaming off the sides.

2. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Sounds like a good one. Count me in.

3. bjornjon

bjornjon Member

I'll tie up a lucky articuluted streamer I fish with.

4. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

If that's the goal I'd tie a 2" long olive streamer on one hook and put a thingamabobber 4' above it. :thumb:

I like the idea of 2 hooks instead of a shank personally, it's surprising how many of them get caught on the front hook.

5. Ed Call

I can do two hooks. I happen to have some pretty long shanked hooks for the front. Might be a bit of leverage for the fly taster. Here we have to clip one off. I've always wondered about "short strikes". Seems that most predatory fish wanting to eat other fish are not going to be tail nipping. They are going to be head chomping.

6. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

eric tarcha made 10 so bjornjon we are full. sorry bout that, maybe next time.

7. mike doughty

we filled up quickly so let's try not to drop the ball on this one but if for some reason someone has to bail then just give me a courtisy shout. thanks guys

8. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

I just whipped up a new pattern for this swap. Calling it "The undercutter"
    [​IMG]
    Im going to tie it up in a ginger color and see if I like that one better, but this is my pattern im submitting

9. mike doughty

looks sexy stalker

10. Ed Call

Oh that sucks ballz. I can dispose of that for you!

11. Oooh that there's purdy....

12. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

13. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Dang! sorry I missed this one:mad:
    Oh-well next time I guess.

LB

14. stilly stalker

15. mike doughty

i have been putting together several different streamers and the one i'm liking the best is a double bunny so it looks like that's what you will get.

16. mike doughty

whipped up 8 this morning at work so i'm cruising right along

17. mike doughty

18. stilly stalker

ooooh me likey!

19. Looks great Mike.

I'm still brewing up a couple ideas, leaning towards a rattlesnake pattern. It's a mainstay on the SF.

20. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Nice Tie Mike, I rarely fish DB's any more, but will have the faith after watching you rip fish on all sorts of things on the big hole.