Medical Lake, Spokane Co.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by mwm772, Jun 9, 2002.

1. mwm772

mwm772 New Member

Has anyone been fishing Medical Lake near Spokane? My fishing partner and I have been trying to figure the lake out this year with little success. Previous years tactics are not working. The fishfinder shows plenty of fish about 5-7' down. All I have been able to get is a few bumps on a green dragon. Has anyone had better results? :CONFUSED

2. flyfisherman551

flyfisherman551 New Member

Marc, Your having the same luck as everyone I know thats fished it lately. you might try the first couple hours of daybreak and the last hour b-4 dark. sometimes its better to start right at dusk and fish a couple hours after dark. The browns seem to be shy during full light. good luck. Tim

3. mwm772

mwm772 New Member

Tim,
    Thanks for your input. At least it is comforting to know that others are having the same experience.

I've been told that the browns will feed on the caddis that congregate around the lights that line the shoreline. I haven't had a chance to try that yet this year, mainly because of the really sl-o-o-o-o-o-w warming trend that is suppose to be coming: . I have yet to see any numbers of caddis this year. If things change, maybe you could let us know how you did?

Marc

4. fishnfella

fishnfella New Member

Fish till ya drop.
    Then suck it up
    and fish the evening hatch.

Medical Lake is infested with perch,bluegill,croppie,and God only knows what else(thanks F&G for banning use of Rotenone) your fishfinder didn't tell ya that did it! I only wish I could tell you how to fish it with success, but I've given up on it long ago.The only hint that comes to mind is Browns usually concentrate on the largest available food around and in Medical that's likely to be spiney ray FRY!