Member Referrals

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by Backyard, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Media:
    I noticed on member profiles that there is a Referral # - is this other members giving you a thumbs up, or is it how many people said you refered them when signing up?

2. Warren Perry

Warren Perry Grizzly 6

Media:
    from the FAQ section of the site:

What are referrals?

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

You gain referrals by promoting Washington Fly Fishing using your unique referral link.

Each time someone follows this link to Washington Fly Fishing and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting Washington Fly Fishing by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

3. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It's a feature that was enabled by default. The FAQ description on the item is there by default. I don't keep score but as you mention it, I've checked and found a log on it.

A Canadian, of all people, is #1 with 4 referrals. :)

4. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Media:
    Stupid Canadians...