Merrill Ice Off?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by aplTyler, Mar 31, 2013.

1. aplTyler

aplTyler Inept Steelheader

When does Merrill typically become fishable? I guess reachable is probably the key thing...

This year things seem to be warming up pretty quickly but any input would be great!

2. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I too am interested. I enjoy that lake and last year I didn't learn about the hex hatch until Oct. Too late. I plan to hit it this year. Has anyone landed any large fish in merril? I caught a bunch and only a couple fish at 20in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

3. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

I have not fished it this early in the season, but looking at the hills behind the house, snow is breaking up. They don't typically open the gate to the parking / camping area until a couple weeks prior to memorial day, so that's not much fun to pack larger craft down.

I have been fishing a lake at about equil elevation outside clark county for over a month and it has been ice free and popping off with stripping buggers, sorry, no tellsies

aplTyler likes this.
  4. Woodcanoeguy

Woodcanoeguy Member

DNR told us today that the gate will be open 4/15....even they have not been up to check the road but I suspect it is snow free by now. I fish there alot.

Thomas Williams likes this.