Messin' with Shanks...

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by troutdopemagic, Feb 26, 2013.

1. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    I picked up a few of those Greg Senyo Steelhead Shanks by Fish Skull which I lost, then re-found today. First time I've used them and they seem pretty cool. I've always been a Waddington guy but I do like these. However on my entire two packages the eye's and rear loop did not line up with one another, they were slightly off set. Anyway, here's what I tied up for some OP action in the coming weeks, I based these off Vokey's Suger Pop fly. I normally swing much more simple tandem tube flies, but these look cool so I'll give 'em a go.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    I just realized there's a piece of something stuck to the fly in the last pic, oh well.
    Mark Mercer and Big E like this.
  2. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    Ratings: +364 / 0
    Those look tasty!
  3. Mark Mercer Member

port orchard, wa
    Ratings: +502 / 0
    Looking good! Those should work just fine....
  4. skyrise Active Member

everett, wa.
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    trout, i have the same thing with the shanks i bought. eye and loop are off center from each other ?
  5. Stickel.back Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Same here, I had to bend them to line them up, but it still wasn't dead on. I really like these shanks, I hope they sort of the problem with the eyes.
    Nice bugs dude!
  6. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    Thanks guys. The problem with the eye's of the shanks is annoying, I've tried bending them a others have said but even then it doesn't help. They are definatly neat shanks though.