Messin' with Shanks...

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by troutdopemagic, Feb 26, 2013.

1. troutdopemagic

troutdopemagic Active Member

I picked up a few of those Greg Senyo Steelhead Shanks by Fish Skull which I lost, then re-found today. First time I've used them and they seem pretty cool. I've always been a Waddington guy but I do like these. However on my entire two packages the eye's and rear loop did not line up with one another, they were slightly off set. Anyway, here's what I tied up for some OP action in the coming weeks, I based these off Vokey's Suger Pop fly. I normally swing much more simple tandem tube flies, but these look cool so I'll give 'em a go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just realized there's a piece of something stuck to the fly in the last pic, oh well.

Mark Mercer and Big E like this.
  2. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Those look tasty!

3. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

Looking good! Those should work just fine....

4. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

trout, i have the same thing with the shanks i bought. eye and loop are off center from each other ?

5. Stickel.back

Stickel.back Member

Same here, I had to bend them to line them up, but it still wasn't dead on. I really like these shanks, I hope they sort of the problem with the eyes.
    Nice bugs dude!

6. troutdopemagic

troutdopemagic Active Member

Thanks guys. The problem with the eye's of the shanks is annoying, I've tried bending them a others have said but even then it doesn't help. They are definatly neat shanks though.