"Met Life..."

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by FLYRODR, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Just returned from four days east of the ridge... Never been so cold in my entire life. The Met was still kicking out a few steelies, cutts, Dollies, and lots of whitefish up to several pounds.

2. Right On!!

3. Some nice fish. That'll take the cold off for a few minutes!

4. Sounds like you had a good time. Not to bust your balls too hard, but WA state law says no adi-intact steelhead come out of the water. Those fish are going to spawn when the water temps warm in a few months, so they really dont need the added stress of coming all of the way out of the water, let alone sit on the ice for minutes while you take a picture. Just food for thought.

5. That is so wrong on all the levels!

6. Flyrodr, nice fish there. Looks really cold.

Note to anyone wanting to advise flyrodr on proper fish handling. Please send a PM. Jumping someone on a open thread only causes guys to not post.

7. Im not jumping on anyone, just letting a guy no. I didn't realize that we had to talk behind closed doors about proper fish handling. The more we talk about it publicly, the more people are exposed to it. Everyone is so quick to go on the defensive here. Note that I prefaced what I said, with "not to bust your balls too hard, but...". Chill and lets do a better job as a community of fly fishers to teach fish handling, and possibly save a guy from getting a fat ticket.

8. Are those dead steelhead?

Are those wild steelhead?

If they are not dead, why are they in the snow?

9. Those poor fish must of been gasping for breathe. How would you like to be held under water so you can't breathe either.

10. Ya know Jeff for some reason I get the itchin feeling they're old enough to know "proper" fish handling skills.

11. Wild Steelhead on the upper C are ESA listed, and removing them from the water is against the law. Enough said.

12. Quick to edit, slow to respond :(

13. Maybe they all wanted a hero shot.

14. Pretty sure the bull trout (Dolly) are ESA listed as well.

15. Accountability sucks...

16. No reason to ever take a native out of the water. You can still get a quick shot of the steelie but leave it in the water!

17. It sure does Mark. However, some take it better than others. Hopefully lesson learned.

I wanted to ask where, without asking "where" to get some big White fish. They sure are good if smoked up the right way.

18. It wasn't too bad this weekend. One of the warmest in over a month.

19. LOL good point mr. junkie. I was def fishing from the ice with 2-3 feet of water running under me when i was there. jus throw the sleeping bag out on the snow and all set!