Met the Old Man and several members of this site today....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jbrodie, Oct 24, 2002.

1. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    We fished the Stilly today on a warm perfect Fall day. Being a novice in SRC fishing it was great to meet the guys and gain knowledge from more experienced flyfishermen. We used dries,wets,big and small. However we had the great equalizer there,Jim. From novice to expert we all got skunked. I shall not name the other members present to protect the innocent. Just kidding Jim,thanks for a great day. :BIGSMILE
  2. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +63 / 0
    Met the Old Man and several members of this site today..

He jbrodie,

Nice meetin' up with you today. One thing for sure, you had six guys showing you exactly how NOT to catch any SRC's.

Well, there's always the next time.

LB
  3. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho

There was simply too much shark repellant on Jims waders. It lingered for hours even after he left.

MacRowdy
  4. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.

I think I shall revert to my old environment and take my pontoon boat to Pass Lake. If the remnants of the downstream scent from Old Mans waders, or socks have not penetrated my waders perhaps I shall catch a fish. At least I will have my cooler behind my seat. :THUMBSUP
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,731 / 0

What do I know---I'm just an old man

That's one place I would like to try. I have the means to do that but I guess I need a swift kick in the butt to get me going. I think what the reason I don't go is that bridge that you have to cross. I have a phobia(sp) about high places over water. If I could do it with my eyes shut I would. So when ever I go any place I try to do it the way that there are no high bridges to cross. I guess that is how you learn all the side roads to get to where you go.

JIm
  6. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.

No problem Jim, just close your eyes when you drive across the bridge.
    Pass Lake is before the bridge, no high bridges to cross. Went there today but too much algae goop in lake for me. Saw nobody on the lake. Nice 100 mile drive though.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,731 / 0

What do I know---I'm just an old man

There is too a tall bridge.The one that goes up and over the Swinomish Channel. But I just found another way around. If you go thru LaConner and take the Reservation Rd you can bypass that bridge. Boy it sure helps to look at maps. Besides I like to drive the back roads,less traffic.

Let me know when you go again and I will give it a try. I always want to try something new and maybe lake fishing might be it.

Jim :THUMBSUP
  8. jbrodie New Member

Marysville, WA.

Sorry Jim,I thought you meant the bridge over Deception Pass,now that is a high bridge. You are right, you can sneak by that freeway bridge by taking The exit to Conway and running west,then north towards Anacortes. If I go up there again I'll give a shout.