Methow 11/18

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by a_fors, Nov 20, 2012.

1. a_fors

a_fors Active Member

A buddy of mine came over to fish the weekend with me. We fished the yak on Saturday and the methow sunday. The river was running a bit fast but still plenty clear after a downpour the day before. We were swingin' some tried and true stuff. Black and blue, egg sucking leaches, intruders etc. The second run we fished looked really good. It had that walking speed water and the right depth with some boulders for them to sit behind. Each of us hooked up in that run about 5 mi items apart. My buddies was a nice fish that threw the hook after about 15 seconds. I wish I could say mine lasted that long. It was over in about 5. Oh well. It was the first time I've had a hook up swingin' and I'm hooked now! Hopin to get up atleast one more time before it closes up. Not a lot o people out for a Sunday either. Only saw one other gentleman and he was gear fishin. He'd lost two early in the morning.

2. Foothillstrout

Foothillstrout Member

Nice, I was wondering how the Methow was looking. Is access to the water on that river as hard as people say? and Thanks for the report.

Side note you wouldn't have an older brother that goes to school in SC would ya?

3. a_fors

a_fors Active Member

No access isn't hard. The roads parallel it pretty well. Just gotta watch out for private property. And yeah I do. Pm sent