FS Methow Fire Sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Ed Call, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I don't know Keith (Methow) or Kim. I do know tough times. You may have read they lost their home and possessions in the wildfire. They also lost their pets. This sale is to benefit them. Working out payment preferences so they get the most and easiest for their needs.

Simms backpack and front/sling attachment. I've packed it to see how things fit but never used it. $150
    Redington Classic Trout 9044 (9' 4wt 4pc). Gently used in sock and tube. $100
    Redington Classic Trout 8634 (8'6" 3wt 4pc). Unused in plastic, sock and tube. $100 Steve Call

I was planning on selling these for myself. This cause is much more important. No trades or haggling. You may find these things at bit cheaper elsewhere online, but buying there will not help one of our members.

I will ship at your expense or find a face to face option. Most important will be to get needed funds to Methow in the manner most convenient for him and Kim.

Thanks! Ed image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Ed, I'll take the 3wt. Don't really need it, but it's for a good cause.

PM me with how to best pay and see if we can hook up in the near future.

Steve

3. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I've got a Beulah Platinum 696-4 in great condition with tube and warranty card. 250$ Ill throw in a mint SA GPX WF6F as well and I'll donate it all the Keith and Kim. I don't know them either but if I can help them I will. Just pm me and let me know.

"Only when the last tree has been felled, the last river poisoned and the last fish caught, man will know that he cannot eat money."

4. formerguide

formerguide Active Member

The shop will gladly donate as well, good cause, shame that things like this happen to good folks.

Here's a Fishpond Westwater Guide Lumbar Pack, brand new, retail $140, let's get this out the door for $100 to get it moving and money in their pockets. I guess make the check out to Ed Call and send to him, or do a face-to-face here at the shop.

Good cause here, thanks Ed for getting this rolling, don't know the family but I'm certain that this will be appreciated, as little as it may be in the face of such a tragedy.

Dan

[​IMG]

5. Ed Call

Steve, 3wt is yours. I'm still working on payment details through friends of Keith's. want to get it to him as smooth as possible!

Thomas, thanks for adding to the thread!

Dan, thanks! As soon as we firm up payment options I will update this thread.

Lets keep it rolling and growing. I will do my best to keep on top of the thread.

ComeOnSounders and Freestone like this.
  6. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Wow, you guys rock!!! Thanks so much all of you!

7. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

any other funds raiser we can do?

8. Rob Hardman and Ed Call like this.
  9. Ed Call

Kelvin, there is a direct donation site. This sale thread can grow as needed. Any other ideas you have would be good.

10. Islander

Islander Steve

I have a 5wt. 4pc. Allen "myth" series rod I'll put in the mix. This was a client rod for a year and has been on the water maybe 15 times at best. The cork shows a fair amount of wear but the rod is in great shape. I've got a lot going today but I'll put up some pics tomorrow. Comes with original sock & tube. $100
    Arrange payment through Ed (hope this is ok Ed?) and when he tells me it's good I'll ship it to you for free.

ComeOnSounders and Ed Call like this.
  11. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I have an Osprey Stratos 40 day/overnighter pack, as new. Size large. List was $145 @ REI. $70.
    Seattle pickup preferred.

ComeOnSounders likes this.
  12. LD

LD Active Member

I enjoy building rod and have a few blanks that I could build up. So I will donate one rod to the cause. The price will be $150 shipped all proceeds to the cause. You can have what ever you like on the label. A few blanks that I could build are -
    - Pac Bay rainforest II - 9' 5wt 3pc nice blank will come with single foot guides. I have built a few of these and they are nice.
    - Cabela's pt+ 8'6" 4pc 4wt. This is a nice medium action rod and built in the US buy St. Criox ( I actually have one build up with great components)
    - Cascade 9' 6wt -either 3 or 4pc ?, These are us blanks and the company is no longer in business. Feels like a nice medium action rod.
    - Lamiglas - 9' 2pc 5wt - looks like a really nice blank

I may have a tube for some, but will come with a sock for sure. You will need to give me 2 or 3 weeks to complete

You can search the rod building forum for some pictures of a few rods I built. Please pm me for info or if you would like to proceed.

ComeOnSounders and Freestone like this.
  13. Ed Call

Steve, David, LD thank you for chipping in and trying to help the cause.

14. Todd Robbins

Todd Robbins Wishin' I was fishin'

PM sent, thanks.

15. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

I've got an Allen Spey reel. Open to the highest bidder. Let's set. A record for the most expensive Allen reel ever sold.

ComeOnSounders and Gary Knowels like this.
  16. Hunt-man

Hunt-man Member

Message sent. :)

17. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Like new St. Croix Legend Ultra 9' 9 wt 4 piece with St. Croix divided tube. 150$ Same deal as others... Pay Ed and I will ship.

Also a near new Hardy DD Ultralight 7000. Black. With neoprene case. I think its been spooled but i cant find a scratch on it. Nice little reel.
    150$

Both items like brand new but PM me for pics 2014-07-22_15-03-56_321.jpg 2014-07-22_15-03-20_147.jpg 2014-07-22_15-05-37_525.jpg 2014-07-22_15-05-58_8.jpg 2014-07-22_15-06-09_971.jpg

nic, Ed Call, JesseC and 1 other person like this.
  18. Islander

Islander Steve

Pics of the Allen rod as promised. Somebody has to want a great rod for under half of retail.

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      1,000.3 KB
      Views:
    Ed Call likes this.
  19. Ed Call

I will be on the road most of this week for work. I will do my best to keep on top of this thread. I am trying to get Methow's Paypal info so the gift donations can go straight to him. Seems the fastest way to help him.

Who's up for buying some cool stuff to help one of our own?

20. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

I spoke with Keith this morning. He is overwhelmed and so grateful for all the support he has received and by kindness shown by so many. I'm happy to report that our conversation was cut short as he had to go move stuff out of the rain!!! Let's hope we get enough to help extinguish or slow the fires!

Anyway, Keith doesn't have a PayPal account. With the situation up there at the moment, I'm not sure how easy it would be for him to set one up. Today, he's going down to the Post Office to see about a PO Box so he has some place to receive mail. If/when he gets that set up, those who don't want to use the GoFundMe site could send a check.