NFR 'Mid fishing

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Apr 9, 2013.

1. So what the heck is up with these youngsters and 'mid fishing? It's Chi-ron-o-mid fishing. Are they saving the first three syllables up for use later.

Next thing you know they'll order pizza with 'shrooms on it.

signed,

over the hill

McNasty likes this.
  2. We just do it to confuse you old farts and newbies;)

ganglyangler and Mike Ediger like this.
  3. I'm a couple of generation gaps past that lingo. 23 skiddo and such.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  4. What the hell is mid fishing?.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  5. It's a smaller form of chironomid

6. You know where I live. Bring it!!!!!!

7. In order to avoid spelling chironomids, I usually resort to calling it midge fishing.

8. Some call it chrony fishing, but I think that confused too many people making it look like we were trying to fish with people like you zen. :)

constructeur likes this.
  9. Oh who cares what people call it since I have yet to ever hear anyone young or old say that they are going to tie on a grasshopper/nymph combo more commonly known as a hopper/dropper.

10. I certainly always refer to the pattern I'm fishing in its exact correct taxonomical name.

11. I always figured that if you are going to type a word that you would spell the whole word out. Some people don't know the correct way to spell words. But that is what the spell checker is for.

Like my Grandson. We were talking yesterday and instead of saying "emergency brake" in a sentence he said "E brake". To many people put their own words where the correct words go.

12. Does anyone know the Latin name for Green Butt Skunk?

13. Yep, it's Zen Leecher

14. Just like the "Rusty Shackleford"? I'm pretty sure that name is more deviant sexuality than taxonomy!

McNasty likes this.
  15. According to our fellow flyfishers across the big pond, the bugs are called "buzzers"... let's just go with that one.

The young guys can call them "buz".

16. Points scored by Atomic Dog!!

From here on in I will abstain from tackling lingo issues with my younger brethren. I guess those chance meetings with OMJ in years past are now having an effect on me.

17. It's the generation gap thing again... we went through it during the 60s and 70s with the "oldies". Guess we never realized we'd someday end up the oldies.

18. it's not a sex move you sicko! It's Dale Gribble's (from King of the Hill) alias

troutpocket and McNasty like this.
  19. Still doesn't make it sound any better.....

20. I'm in a swap on the fly tying forum, I'm calling that pattern the "Rusty Hackleford", just for you Gary
    IMG_20130403_235307_823.jpg