Mid fork Snoqulamie on Monday morn, anyone, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by skeith5, Aug 29, 2001.

1. skeith5 New Member

Puyallup, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Heading off to the Mid fork of the SnO on Monday morning, probably from 5-7am then hitting Sammamish for an hour or two... want to hook a smallie on a fly. Anyone interested? I've never been to the mid fork but know Sammamish fairly well.

Scott Keith
    scott.keith@wamu.net
  2. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    I'll pass on Sammimish but I'd be up for the M. Fork in the AM.

~Chris
  3. flyboy New Member

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    5 in the morning...I have only fished the middle fork in the evening. Are you using underwater flies or dries that early? I am not experienced with wet flies. I would be up for it if they bite on dries at that time...
  4. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    I'll always prefer the Snoq. Forks in the PM, the hatches as you have noticed are more previlent and are on top. I don't hit them enough in the early AM enough to ensure I won't get spanked but at least I'll be out on the water and have the rest of the day for honey-do projects. ;-)

..but as for your question of whether I'd be tossing some wet's instead of dries your answer is yes. Just don't know yet what's the ticket.

Regards,

~Chris
  5. flyflyaway Member

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    How are you fishing Sammamish. Float tube? Boat?
  6. flyboy New Member

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    You're right, I'm in. Even if I dont catch any, at least I will have had a better morning than sitting around the house wishing I was out...

Where do we meet up?
  7. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Exit 34. At the exits stop sign take a right and pull off on the shoulder right there. I'll be in the grey & red suburban.

See you there.

~Chris
    cell: 206-940-2785
  8. vpons New Member

let's make it an international meeting

Do you mind if a french guy come? I promise, I won't use any dry fly.
    Vincent
  9. flyboy New Member

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    I'll be in a white volvo s40.
  10. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    let's make it an international meeting

Well, ok but behave yourself. I know how you french guys can get up in a tizzy over any little thing. :p
  11. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Scott, meet at 6am? Just wanted to confirm a time.
  12. skeith5 New Member

Puyallup, WA, USA.
    6am is great! I'll probably try and be there a bit earlier, I'll be in a Green Montero. See you off exit 34.

Scott Keith
    scott.keith@wamu.net
  13. skeith5 New Member

Puyallup, WA, USA.
    I usually fish off the south side, near issaquah creek. Just wade out, and fish the drop offs on both sides of the little island. If Mid fork is doing well I'll probably just stay there, but Sammamish is my favorite place to go.... Tons of HUGE carp.

Scott Keith
    scott.keith@wamu.net
  14. guest Guest

I'd like too come also but I live in Marysville and it's just a little too far to come to get there there early. Exit 34 huh, what side of the freeway? If I make it I'll be in a dark gray Subaru. To get there at 0600 I have to get up at least 0400. I haven't gotten up that early since I retired. Jim S. "so much water---so little time" :)
  15. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    If your coming up all that way why not hit it in the PM? Be glad to hit it with you anytime I'm available, just pop off an email.

If your set on it though, on I-90 heading East exit 34 is on the South side.

~Chris
  16. vpons New Member

I'll be at the exit 34 at 6am and might stay in the afternoon.
    Vincent
  17. guest Guest

I know where the exit is,just wanted to know what side of the road your on. Headed up the toward the middle fork or toward Edgewick. Would like to fish in PM ,but have to be back home by 1230. I figure from 0600 to 1000 is long enough to wear my arm out. Jim S.
  18. skeith5 New Member

Puyallup, WA, USA.
    You know, I looked at a map and from the directions Chris gave, (exit 34 turn right) that would have been the South Fork... No wonder no one was where I was fishing...

Scott Keith
    scott.keith@wamu.net
  19. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    lol. No, we just met off exit 34 to the right then continued on to where I wanted to take you guys. Let me know the next time your coming out this way and we'll hook up.

~Chris
  20. guest Guest

How'ed you all do. I thought sleep was more important than getting up at 0400. So I didn't come. Besides it was raining at my house. Jim S.