Mike Kinney Reverse Spider Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Daryle Holmstrom, Aug 4, 2008.

1. reamse New Member

Cheney, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Roger that I'll send them out tomorrow.
  2. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,754 / 0
    I need to ask for some patience as I have been out of town for the past week getting learned up on virtualization. I hope to have my share tied up and ready to go by this weekend.
  3. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    No problem, been moving the in-out-laws back to Mount Vernon this week myself, plus still waiting for my windows to arrive for the change out.

Daryle
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    I mailed mine out today mid day. Post office should have them at your place tomorrow or the next day.
  5. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    I got Ellsworth ties today. Great ties, almost ate one myself because of the minty tin. :clown:
  6. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Got them today, great ties, I think everyone will get a nice assortment. Can't wait to try out the new Camera for the closeups.

Daryle
  7. Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Lakewood,Wa.
    I'll have mine mailed out by week end.
  8. I haven't really started. Tied one prototype, fished it caught fish with it. Maybe this weekend.:beathead:
  9. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Nothing wrong with prototypes, hell you might get a fly named after you like the teeny nymph and charge big money for them. :ray1:
  10. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Daryle,

I sent you a supplemental envelope today. I forgot to put return postage in the box. Sorry! You should see it in the mail in a day or two.

Ed
  11. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    I'm not in the swap, but please allow me to comment here on your flies, Mumbles. Not bad, but use longer shanked hooks. I use 2X, or even 3X long. Then it is easier to get a longer, tapered body built back and finished to only just above the hook point, like in the photo in the article Preston provided.
    I also like to put some red hackle fibers in the tail, underneath the mallard. Doesn't seem to hurt, and I believe it draws more strikes.
    Otherwise, nice work!

I dropped the ball and didn't get in on this, as i am a very slow tier and usually avoid swaps. 14 would have taken me at least half a day to whip up. Maybe all day, with a lunch break after the first 7 or 8. I have been tying some up (mainly for the next go-out, only 2 or 3 at a time), but I keep fishing them, losing them, or giving them away as fast as I can tie them. I'm getting faster, but I'm still slow. There's only 4 or 5 in my box at the moment. Maybe next time.:beathead:
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Thanks for the input JAWS! It was tough fitting all that material on a short shanked hook. I have some longer shanked hooks that I recently purchased, I'll try some more. I just had my first every tying class too. I've been putting in some tying time between posts here. I like the idea of the red at the tip by the bend. I won't tell you how long it took me to tie mine if you think you are slow.
  13. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Almost done. Got home yesterday after a week of training and a day of camping with the family. I will have mine in the mail tomorrow. No variations, I tied up all of them the same. No time for experimentation.
  14. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Sent mine today but I forgot to add a self addressed return type thing with postage in with them. I'll get that out tomorrow.
  15. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    got them today Kerry, darn nice flies, might do another color combo with yours in the mix.

Daryle
  16. Cameron Derbyshire Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies

Florence, Oregon
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Mine are done and will be in the mail Tuesday. I've never tied this pattern before; turned out to be pretty fun and super quick to whip out. I think I could get almost two dozen done in an hour. Enjoy guys.

Attached Files:

17. Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Lakewood,Wa.
    Hey Daryle, you should get mine in a few days, just mailed them this morning.
  18. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Itching to get these in hand, I've been tying my own (on some longer shanked hooks - thanks for that input JAWS). I have even got some additional hackles to have more color and size options. I love that orange one of CD's can't wait to tease some action up with that one.
  19. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Got everyones except hedburner, he lives local so no problem, mine might be a little slow due to the sheriff shooting but I'll have them tied up in a couple of days with a bonus.

Daryle
  20. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    No worries, thanks for the update. I'll be blocking off a day or two from work when they arrive so I can get them good and wet.