Mini Marathon Trout swap (2014)

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by riseform, Dec 22, 2013.

1. TD

TD Active Member

8 down, 4 to go.

2. TD

TD Active Member

12 done 0 to go.

3. riseform

riseform Active Member

Looks like everyone is doing well with completing their ties. One week to go!

If anyone still needs my address let me know. Finished my dozen tonight.

4. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

My nymphs and streamers went in the mail today

5. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

Mine are going in the mail tomorrow.

6. riseform

riseform Active Member

TD's woven body golden stonefly nymphs arrived today. It's obvious a lot of effort went into these! Great flies, you're all in for a treat.

7. riseform

riseform Active Member

Travis your flies (nymphs and streamers) made it today. Great job!

8. Bonsai

Bonsai Jerry

Put my first set of flies in the mail today. Have half of my streamers tied.

Jerry

9. riseform

riseform Active Member

Jerry and Ron, received your excellent flies today. Thank you and well done!

Waiting on the last two. One is coming from overseas, but I know is en route.

10. Teenage Entomologist

Teenage Entomologist Gotta love the pteronarcys.

Mine are being sent out tommorow, or wednsday. My post office is a pain. Need to get a small box to ship the flies in, or should I just send them in an envelope?

11. riseform

riseform Active Member

Due date is the 28th of each month for this swap. I'm holding out for Sean's to arrive from overseas (I know they've been mailed). If you can, try to race yours up ASAP so I can photograph, divide and include them in everyone's return bundle. Otherwise, I'll have to include them with next month's streamers. I would rather keep this on time and avoid mixing and matching late flies as much as possible.

Most people put their flies in an Altoid tin. Just stuff it inside an over sized envelope along with a folded, self addressed and stamped return envelope. Use the same postage it took to mail the original. You'll get back your original tin (with the new swap flies) in your provided envelope. Don't worry, it's very easy.

Here again are the recommended guidelines. http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-a-fly-swap-works.19715/

Ron McNeal likes this.
  12. Teenage Entomologist

Thanks for the tips. I'll do it the right way and mail it from my post office tommorow. My flies are worth it, this pattern has caught thousands of fish in Northern California.

13. Teenage Entomologist

My flies are mailed, and Riseform, I put a return envelope filled out, with stamps, inside the larger envelope I put it in. There's like 6 stamps on the return envelope. 10 points for me, because that was the first time I ever sent something from the post office. At least I know what to do now.

14. riseform

riseform Active Member

Well done, TE, I'm proud of you.

Sean's flies arrived today, really great ties!

Once the final batch arrives, I'll get things photographed and back in the mail. Quality work everyone, thank you for participating.

15. riseform

riseform Active Member

16. Ron McNeal

Ron McNeal Turtles or universes? I can't decide....

Hey Riseform - Great Photos!! Everyone's flies look great! Thanks for getting them posted so soon.

17. Teenage Entomologist

Those flies look beast, thanks Riseform for posting them! Can't wait to fish them in front of an 18" Rainbow.

18. TD

TD Active Member

Solid batch of flies!

19. Ron McNeal

Ron McNeal Turtles or universes? I can't decide....

Got mine in today's mail here in Poulsbo. Wow! I think this is the best group of flies I've had the pleasure of receiving from one of these WFF fly swaps. Nice variety of very well-tied flies that look just plain deadly. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to the next go-round.
    Great job, rise form. And Kaden, for a new tier, your's are outstanding - really nice.

I think I need to make (or try to make), like zen leecher does, a fly plate for this batch of nymphs. They would make a very nice fly plate....

Teenage Entomologist likes this.
  20. Teenage Entomologist

I'm not exactly a "new" tier. I've been tying for a couple years, but more on a professional level for the last 6 months. I can tie very realistic golden stones, such as this one.
    Golden StonE Nymph.jpg