Mini Marathon Trout swap (2014)

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by riseform, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Heading to the Pit River on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm going to try out some your guys's patterns( hopefully they'll catch some good ones:))

Ron McNeal likes this.
  2. Just came back from the Pit. 1st fish I caught was about 18-19 inch Rainbow caught below Pit 3 Powerhouse where the water flowed into the reservoir. Next two fish I caught were right below Pit 4 dam. All we're caught on Panther Martins, because they wouldn't take any nymphs whatsoever. Will upload the picture of the big one when I get it from my uncle. Here's the 2nd two.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

He got a little dirty, but he was pretty big, broke my line as it hit the shore and bent the hook. He was released to be caught again. image.jpg

3. Nice fish TE

Still waiting for the last batch from Germany to arrive and if everyone is ok I'll give it some more time. Also waiting for Chris to get a new gallery subtitle set up so I can post your pictures. Nice job everyone, I'll notify you when I post and mail, hopefully soon.

4. I'm fine with waiting.

5. You guys are not forgotten. Still waiting on Chris to open a new gallery and the last (special circumstances) package to arrive from Germany. It was sent well in advance and should hopefully arrive very soon.

If anyone is getting antsy let me know and I'll send your flies any time. Otherwise I'm going to assume you're all ok with giving it some more time.

6. Just fine with waiting. I have some "clients" that I have to tie for, so Saturday will be known as Golden Stone Nymph day, at least for me:) Need to tie some Copper Johns......

7. Hey guys sorry for the hold up on my flys. I mail the package out a few weeks ago and tonight USPS updated the tracking, showing my flys are at least state side and will arrive shortly.

8. No worries Sean.

9. I really hate I missed this don't know if at the time I was good enough at tying to give this a run but I differently want to get in on the next one the pics are amazing!! And after the swap I just did I feel like I can hang!! So riseform if you do another one count me in!!!

10. Since I'm not getting any love from Chris with a gallery heading or USPS with Sean's flies and we're at the 12th of March, I figure I better start teasing everyone with an intermittent trickle of streamer pictures to keep you inspired.

Let's start with Ron's Rolled Muddler Variant.
    [​IMG]

11. And next, my contribution...Moto's minnow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ron McNeal likes this.
  12. Ahhh, the legendary Moto's Minnow. I thought that it was illegal to photograph that pattern.

13. From Bonsai, a Spruce Fly
    [​IMG]

14. From TE, Zack's swimming leech
    [​IMG]
    Zack's Damsel Leech
    [​IMG]

15. And the trickle continues...TD's Olive Matuka
    [​IMG]

16. Since Chris and Sean's flies (no fault of Sean) both have pulled a flight MH370 on us I'm going to send out what I've got tomorrow.

We are under two weeks from the next due date so I'll send Sean's streamers along with the next batch to keep things rolling. Sean, I'll send you everything when the flies arrive.

In the mean time, here are the streamers from Travis B
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. The box containing my vise as well as my contribution to February finally arrived at my house. Again guys I'm terribly sorry for the delay, riseform should receive my flys Tuesday for February and March. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395046606.570791.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395046618.864103.jpg

Ron McNeal likes this.
  18. Sean, those look great.

I knew this would happen the minute I put the others in the mail. I wanted to keep people inspired with some positive feedback before the next ones start arriving. I'll put Sean's flies in with the next batch for everyone. Sean, I'll send your streamer pack as soon as they get here! Now, if I can just get Chris to open a gallery page...

Speaking of which, how is everyone doing with their dry fly/emerger patterns?

Ron McNeal likes this.
  19. Hopefully taking a trip to my local fly shop today or sometime this week, so I can tie Mercer's Missing Links( small dry fly that replicates many aquatic insect adults, such as Mays, Caddis, small stones, ect.

20. Got those streamers here in Poulsbo today. WOW! Thanks everyone.