Mini-Marathon Trout Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ned Wright, Dec 27, 2008.

1. well i dislocated my shoulder yesterday so not all of the shrimp have epoxy backs. will be out for a while my back has a lump the size of a football on it right now. will send them out tomrrow or the next day sorry everyone i dropped the ball on this one

2. I apologize to everyone this month. I don't know the entire story because I was on the road this week. For some reason I don't understand, they were returned to me on Thursday saying undeliverable address??? WTF?? I used the same computer printed address label that got it there every time before. My girlfriend put another couple $ of postage on it and sent them back. They went out last Tuesday, so I was close to on schedule. Hopefully they show up this time.

3. Sorry to hear about your injury Zack.

Take care of that shoulder. I hope its not your casting arm...

4. Bummer Zach... I you want, I can epoxy those that aren't done when they get here.

The last set aren't going to make it for the opener tomorrow, but should be out very soon. I don't know about you guys but I intend to catch the first stream trout tomorrow with flies from the swap.

Good luck to you all,
    Ned

5. Bullwhacker,

Your flies arived today, one of them will get wet tomorrow. Waiting on one more set and I will send them out.

Ned

6. Good to hear, I can't figure out why it was returned the first time..... :hmmm:

7. All the flies are in. We lost one guy this month, but 11 for 12 after 5 months is pretty good I say...

Pictures are taken and packages are ready for the postman tomorrow morning. As soon as the gallery is ready I will put the pics up.

We ended up with $150 for MVP, so I will be asking you all to vote soon. I think I will come up with 3 prizes (1st, 2nd and Forum's Choice (via a poll on the board)).

I want to thank you all as this went much smoother than I dreamed possible. (59/60 sets of flies :) )

I will pm you all about voting soon,

Ned

8. PS This set of flies is bad@ss! I must say that they are all flies that I will put right into my box. Very well done by EVERYONE.

Ned

9. Got my flies today, nice ties everyone. great set of flies and an awesome swap. Thanks Ned for hosting and putting up with all of us!

and oh yeah, Riseform, your sculpin is unreal...

10. Got mine today also. Another great batch. Riseform's sculpin is a whopper, and I really like Richard's caddis. It's been a great swap.

11. Pics are up in the gallery. Great job!

PM's coming soon about MVP.

Ned

12. thanks for toetagging mine man. its actually my mysis shrimp but whatev haha. great job everyone sorry about my faulty....everything i guess

13. You know what they say.... If you want something done right, do it yourself :)

Must say I was impressed by the scud.

Ned

14. received the flies today :thumb:

15. I received mine as well. Excellent job everyone, thank you very much. It's a shame to see this marathon come to a close. Special thanks to Ned for hosting, especially when life threw you a curve ball in the middle of the marathon.

16. Received mine yesterday also and again i'm very impressed with everyones flies:beer2:

I would also like to thank everyone who participated. I can't wait to use all of these flies!

I'm planning on going to the casting expo this Saturday, so hopefully i'll get the chance to introduce myself to some of you.

And most importantly.....BIG KUDOS TO NED for running the show! :thumb:

Side note: I have to chuckle though. My wife has been just as excited to see what I was getting every month. This last batch was so good that she thought I shouldn't use some of them because they were "too pretty"....

Richard

17. After taking a while to get all the results back and even longer to get off my arse and post this The Results Are IN!

I was amazed at how similar the results of the online poll and the votes submitted by participants were. Overwhelmingly two tiers recieved the most votes. The results for third place were not so clear. Five tiers were within a one vote margin in the participant vote.

So I decided that it would be most appropriate to distribute the $150 in prizes the two top vote getters and so:

1st prize, a $100 gift certificate to the fly shop of his choice goes to XDOG

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2nd prize, a $50 gift certificate to the fly shop of his choice goes to Riseform

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Everyone did a great job on this swap, and if all goes well we shall repeat this in some form next winter.:beer2:

Ned

18. congrats guys, caught lots of fish on your flies this summer. thanks again for hosting Ned!