Missoula, MT Trip with Tedious Thumper

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by J.Michelle Swope, Oct 2, 2011.

1. J.Michelle Swope Yes, I said "bobi-cator"

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    My buddy Jason talked me into taking a trip to Montana to visit Thad, who's at the end of his guiding season for Paws up. Jason ended up not being able to go, but I was lucky enough to be able to fly into Missoula, and Thad picked me up. Our plan was if he had guests, that day, I'd fish solo and we'd hook up after. Thad ended up having 4 days off, so we fished together, and had an awesome time. I've included some photos of the waters we were on, and some fish we caught. It was dry fly heaven, and even got in some streamer action. Thad is on his way back home, and when he arrives, he has promised to send me his pics of our trip, which I'll post here as well.

View attachment 44549 View attachment 44561 View attachment 44560 View attachment 44559 View attachment 44558 View attachment 44557 View attachment 44556 View attachment 44555 View attachment 44554 View attachment 44553 View attachment 44552 View attachment 44551 View attachment 44550 View attachment 44546 View attachment 44547 View attachment 44548 View attachment 44562

I'm still trying to get the hang of uploading pictures on this forum, but the snap shots include, my and the first brown trout of my life, Thadeus in various poses, North fork of the Blackfoot, Blackfoot, and Rock creek, fished Flint creek as well, but no camera on that evening. Gorgeous water, great fishing (I was on, and missed, several gihugic trout) and great company! Thad rowed us down some interesting waters, and let me have a turn at the sticks here and there. I have such a great time fishing with Thad, and I hope we can do another Montana trip together next fall, and get Orad to join us this time!! Those of you on my Facebook, I'm posting all the pictures (and descriptions) there.
    What a fantastic trip....Can't wait to do it again
  2. Tejano Member

Austin, Tx
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Nice report, was up there last week and I can't decide if it would be a good thing to live there or not. Too much like dying and going to heaven.
  3. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,623 / 2
    Awesome! You and Thadeus definitely know how to enjoy yourselves, so I can't imagine this trip was anything short of an absolute BLAST! Quite jealous I wasn't there!
  4. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +484 / 0
    This was one of 4 trips I had to miss out on this fall. I wish I could've made it over with you guys. Looks like you guys had a good trip. Next time, dammit.
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,359 / 9
    Excellent. You and Thad are a fishy pair and any trip combining you two means a lot of fish...and a whitey? All hail the healthy whitefish!

I got to sneak away to The Clearwater National Forest for some fun fishing with great friends...but I forgot my camera.
  6. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +728 / 0
    Super jealous about this one! It'll be good to have Mr. Thumper back in WA though.
  7. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 0
    Nice pics and report! I particularly like the mix of water, scenery, people, and fish. Trip reports with nothing but pictures of fish are b-o-r-i-n-g.
    D
  8. tediousthumper Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin

Vancouver
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    That was awesome! Great time from start to finish! Here are the few pics I took.

Phillipsburg, MT

[IMG]

Rocks of Rock Creek

[IMG]

Cast master J working a root wad. I remember looking up to see her rod bent like a candy cane. She hooked something big in there. Too bad it came un buttoned, right.

[IMG]

Rock Creek

[IMG]

Rock Creek Cuttie on a fennwick fiberglass

[IMG]

Water release

[IMG]