Mockery on the Yak?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Prouse, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Prouse

Prouse Pete Rouse

Well, there I was- blissfully enjoying my Friday away from work- fishing on the Yakima. A driftboat is floating down to me containing three fellow fishermen. One guy however, didn't quite fit the image of your typical flyfisher. Oh, he did have a flyrod and was slapping the water quite expertly with it, and he was wearing waders although they must have been about 4 sizes too large. Not to say that this kind of equipment makes a flyfisher at all by the way...

What struck me odd about this particular fellow were 2 things. One, he had a fly swatter sticking prominently from his waders. And two, he had on this "on Golden Pond" floppy fishing hat that had a little LCD display on the front. Now, scrolling across this "fishing hat" were some of the the following messages:

"here fishy fishy fishy"
    "you're getting hungry"
    "do you trust me"
    "why would anyone work for Avnet"

I sat and watched this guy pull in a few yakima trout in spots both above me and below me. So I have to ask the questions- Did anyone else see this guy or was my agave juice messing with me? Where can I get me one of those hats? :DUNNO

2. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

That is funny as hell! Chris, Any suggestions for this brother? Since you are the internet using hat finding guru.

MacRowdy

3. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

4. flyfishnm

flyfishnm Member

hehhe, thats a good one :YUM

~ryan

5. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Chris,

I want to see you up at Chopaka with that Supaphat fro. I can see it now! hahaha

MacRowdy