Monday

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Chris Scoones, Jan 26, 2010.

1. wet line

wet line New Member

Rick,

I had the work done at Bakers gun shop in Lake City. I have no idea if he is still there or not. But any good gun smith should be able to do the job. A few phone calls should tell the tale.

I am not a big believer in self fitting. It is almost an art form. Many times I have watched shooters play around with adjustable fits and most often to their detriment. They will get something working one day and then the next time out they are off again with the same set-up. I think what they did was compensate their style to the new fit but it in fact did not fit.

For what it is worth I would ask some better shooters at a club who they had fit their guns for them. I would stay away from the those who did their own fitting. First off you cann't see yourself mounting and swinging a shotgun. Secondly if wood is being trimmed you only get to do it once. It is really surprising what even a sliver of a cut can do. If I recall correctly the pitch of the butt was but an 1/8" to 0 cut on the 1100.

Dave

2. nomlasder

nomlasder Active Member

Media:
    I'm wondering if there is another bottle of wine and make-up-------------

3. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Everyone should have a working computer AND an SBE . . .