Monster Madison brown washed up on bank

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by troutpocket, Aug 30, 2013.

1. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

McNasty likes this.
  2. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

mega beast!

3. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

The words pig and hog are completely inadequate.

4. submarine...

5. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

Stay out of the water, post sign!!!!!!!!

6. Cruik

Cruik Active Member

That's kind of a weird, unimpressive looking photo - especially with the elbow in the picture. Anyone have a link to a better picture?

7. Old406Kid

Old406Kid Active Member

Might be a good idea with fish like that and otters with pissy attitudes!

8. steelydan

steelydan Newb seeking wisdom

There was a pic of a 31lb line-caught brown in the Grizzly Hackle a couple of yrs ago.

9. that brown has to be sea going and 4 salt

10. typhoon

typhoon I fish

Agreed. The fish in that picture looks nothing like 38"x28", even with the long arms.
    Who picks up a dead fish and has it mounted anyways?

11. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

My guess is that had it been you who found it, we'd be looking at you in the photo instead of someone else!

K

Jim Speaker and Richard Olmstead like this.
  12. typhoon

typhoon I fish

Ya, I don't think so.
    Where I come from it is illegal to molest dead fish. Leave the biomass in the river for the next generatoin.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  13. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

That's why, when I finally get to fish the Madison, I am going to throw foot long musky streamers with a heavy rod.

10incher likes this.
  14. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

If he still has my 22 zebra midge in his jaw, I want it back :D. Where there is one, rest assured there are others...Hebgen grows monsters and with the recent breach in the dam could be that it passed through.

15. Rob Allen

Rob Allen Active Member

forget fly rods!! next summer when i go to Montana i am bringing some of my salmon gear and throwing swimbaits all week around the lake...

16. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Keeping and mounting a dead fish, found on the bank? Seems like the angling equivalent of keeping the photo of the pretty girl that comes with the new picture frame by your bedside...

17. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

my next trip to the Madison will stop in at the slide inn and witness the beast. mike w

18. steeli

steeli Member

19. 10incher

10incher Active Member

That's a huge fish! But looking at it in proportion I don't think it would top sixteen pounds. That's not intended to take much away from a leviathan like that! While it IS the fish of a lifetime it's not a record or comparable with the dead fish in question. I can't imagine catching a fish like that though. You would honestly wonder what the hell you had on the line! Assuming it couldn't possibly be a trout! Knowing it was and sight fishing it must have been amazing.

20. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I can't believe someone would touch that ole dead boot.