Montana's stream access law under fire!! Help is needed! No on HB309!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by rick matney, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I've not been bothered by cows. I ride my Quad all over the place and all the cows do is watch you. Never had one want to chase after you. But up here they are used to people riding Quads.

2. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    The Montana Senate heard the bill today. Here's a link to the press release. Hundreds of concerned citizens turned out to show support for defeating this bill.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/ar...stify-against-bill-changing-stream-access-law

Hat's off to Senator Kendall Van Dyk who is fighting this as best he can.

PLEASE SEE OTHER POSTS IN THIS THREAD WITH LINKS TO SENATOR CONTACT INFO AND SEND THEM YOUR COMMENTS -- DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN ON OUR WATCH!

3. rick matney

rick matney Active Member

Media:
    I was at the hearing today and things went pretty well. We had a good turnout and I hope that this effort has made an impact. Stand by for further updates.

4. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Media:
    Thanks man !!

5. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    Hi Rick,
    What was the overall mood of those that attended? Were there many there showing support... maybe Hughey Lewis "The Ditch King" himself? :rolleyes:

Good on you for taking the time to be there...those of us who wish we could appreciate it!

6. rick matney

rick matney Active Member

Media:
    There were 6 people who came spoke as proponets of the bill and over 250+ that came in opposition to the bill. It was overwhelmingly oppose. There was too many people to get through so after the first few they just had people state thier names and say that they were opposed. Many state senators were also there in opposition, both republican and democrat. Overall it was a good hearing. Thanks to all the people who made it out. Now we wait. I will updated as soon as possible. Thanks again for the concern.

Rick