Month old report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by JMitchell, Jul 15, 2013.

1. JMitchell Active Member

Selah, wa
    Ratings: +35 / 0
    Been a while getting this up. As my buddy Ribka has christened this lake..."the G spot".

All fish caught cruising on damsels with intermediate line. Not tons of fish, but no fish were small.

Pics are marginal as this was purely a one man job, but these fish were hefty. The big colored up male was one of the bigger fish I have caught in a while...just short of 25 inches.

Attached Files:

Mark Kraniger and McNasty like this.
  2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,105 / 1
    The "G" spot, that is funny. I also hit the "G" spot at the beginning of the month and found the same thing only I found my fish in 20' to 27' of water fishing vertical. Although I did pick up one in about 13' of water that I never ever laid eyes on. No sight fishing that day because the water was really murky and when the wind picked up all the junk on the lake made it near to impossible to fish because it kept hanging up on my lines. The biggest fish landed that day was just at 24".
  3. JMitchell Active Member

Selah, wa
    Ratings: +35 / 0
    Ira-

You fishing a Deep 7 straight up/down? I know guys that fish that technique in July/August in deep water with chiros near underground "springs" they say. I have always had luck early in June fishing damsel nymphs in 6-12 feet of water when no cruisers are available.
  4. Steve Unwin Active Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +94 / 0
  5. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,105 / 1
    Never really found the "springs" but I was using a Type 5 and an indicator rig as clearly pointed out by anti.team. I'm extremely tempted to hire a guide once in July/August to show me the springs and then I'll have that knowledge forever.
  6. Steve Unwin Active Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ira-
    I never completed the dark side training. How and when do you switch to a full sink for vertical presentation? How do you rig an indi on the fly line itself?
  7. Steve Unwin Active Member

Edmonds, WA