Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

monthly photo thread (?)

135K views 753 replies 177 participants last post by  Kilchis 
#1 ·
im not sure if the idea of a photo thread was shot down, or simply forgotten so i will throw one out, and maybe the thread will take off, cuz i liked the idea.

attached is the token beverage scenery shot.

#725 ·
Fished the Madison and Ruby early last week, hoping to time my trip with good early season fishing and clear skies to film the milky way arcing over Sphinx mountain during a new moon. Didn't get either with clouds, rain, snow and winds the entire time. Good rowing practice just trying to stay alive. Got to see Varney Bridge one last time before the tear down and on a too windy to fish day I found this long-eared owl in the Ennis cemetery.

#729 ·
Fished the Madison and Ruby early last week, hoping to time my trip with good early season fishing and clear skies to film the milky way arcing over Sphinx mountain during a new moon. Didn't get either with clouds, rain, snow and winds the entire time. Good rowing practice just trying to stay alive. Got to see Varney Bridge one last time before the tear down and on a too windy to fish day I found this long-eared owl in the Ennis cemetery.

Did you photo the elk herds? I was in Ennis last Thursday thru Sunday. The valley from Ennis to the Palisades was thick with elk. One herd on the west bench was more than a mile long - several hundred in that one alone.

#736 ·
We have an old barn with great color, and add a Violet-green Swallow to the mix, it is a nice warm scene I enjoy seeing daily.
View attachment 202257

A favorite, shy bird is a Common yellowthroat.
You hear them, see them not often. Great to have them back and nesting.
View attachment 202260
Common yellowthroat is my nemesis bird from a photography standpoint! Noisy as hell and impossible (for me) to photograph. Nice job

#748 ·
Just got a Lumix G85, mostly for video, but since we went to the zoo, I figured I'd take a few pics, too. Still figuring it out, and I'll need a faster lens eventually, but so far I like it a lot.
Also caught a ditch pickle in an Omaha lake!

Bird Beak Feather Songbird Jay

Water Fin Organism Fish Underwater

Water Azure World Fluid Organism

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.