most epic day if steelheading in my life.

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Panhandle, Sep 15, 2011.

1. This story gives me hope of actually hooking into my first steelie :) Thanks for sharing an amazing day on the water!!

Regards,

Will

2. Yep, the Deschutes has been fishing exceptionally well this year, thanks for the report!

With the cooling temperatures and good flows things should be getting better there over the next couple of months as well. Great access and stunning country...doesn't get any better!

3. are u sure they wernt bass?
    :rofl:

4. Every now and then it all lines up. When it happens the memory of the day will keep us coming back through thick and thin.

Play the game long enough and it happens more often and what makes an epic day changes. Either way its most excellent when it happens.

My most recent epic day: I rolled 18 in an afternoon. All on a waked bug on an old school classic rod with a classic reel, my own pattern (Mumbles knows which one). First day of the trip. I could have sat there and not fished the rest of the trip after that....

5. repost with real pics

6. Me too!!!!!!!!!

7. Those are the worlds smallest pics.

8. click on em

9. What he said! Good work.

I did. Thumbnails did not grow, may have gotten smaller.

10. Weird, maybe they're bigger in the gallery.

11. You are weird. Maybe they are bigger in your imagination? Likely larger in the gallery. Off to enjoy them! Nope, still small there. Does not diminish the fact that your trip was excellent.

12. The size is throwing the scale of the story off. I would have thought you fished Icicle Creek.

13. Ya, I had to fuck it up way one or another.

14. Those are very small steelhead, smolts maybe...but steelhead nonetheless. Congrats!

15. It's OK Pan . . . they always look bigger when you first catch them. Cameras usually shrink them considerably. ;)

Nice Bass!

DS

16. Ok, bastards, see if this is better.

17. Ha! Much Better. Nice fish. What kind of reel is that? I like it.

18. Loop classic.

19. How do you like it?

20. Nice photos Pan, the fish are excellent with or without photos.