Most useless piece of kit you purchased?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Loopy, Jul 4, 2008.

1. At least give them to a charity! Otherwise, what size was your ex? My wife needs waders ;)

2. A lanyard.
    Ketchum release.

3. I've bought fly rods, reels, lines, hooks, and materials that I haven't used, but that doesn't make them useless. I just have more gear than I have time to fish.

4. Ever buy StreamLine neoprene waders? Late 80's or so. Customer service was excellent. They'd turn 'em right around or send me a new pair but I'd be wet again before taking them out of the box.

c1eddy likes this.
  5. A Mac desktop computer. :mad:

I bit when the "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" adverts were running.

What a disappointment!

DD

JesseCFowl likes this.
  6. I got an 87 pack of these from my local fly tier...... was like dude... wtf? Probably a carp fisherman. Most useless kit ever!

[​IMG]

7. Those make the best live mullet rigs when fishing for inshore redfish in the gulf. What a treasure!

8. My ex's engagement ring.

9. I never had any trouble with Neoprene's leaking. Just the breatheables type.

10. Mr. Beer Maker. going back to Golden Hills Brewery

11. A Lamiglass "esprit" steelhead rod. Not only were the guides misaligned with the spline, the tip section was aligned 90° to the butt. Lamiglas would not warranty it and I could't bring myself to sell it so it's been in the back of my closet for 25 years.

12. StreamLine brand neo's. You must not have owned a pair.... or 3.

13. Red Ball, 3mm. Best ones I ever had.

14. I thought this thread was about the most useless piece of equipment....?

;)

15. One always have to add a little more to make it interesting. Besides that is an old thread. Somebody resurrected it. It's fair game.

16. About 95% of the flies I buy-I like em but the fish don't

17. Clearly, and without a doubt, the most useless piece of fly fishing gear in my garage is the guy who owns the garage.

18. Several:

Marriage licenses;
    Fly vests;
    Fishing fanny packs;
    Devices to help me tie flies;
    Knife sharpeners;
    Neoprene booties;
    Badly designed fly reels; and
    other things too numerous to mention.

19. Teeny nymphs. The ones I tried must have been soaked in fish repellant.